Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Tach Collectors Show and Tell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scottrod2, Nov 25, 2007.

1. aircoup

aircoup

hoarder:d

2. aircoup

aircoup

DODGE DID IN THE 50S WITH THEYRE BOGGER TRUCKS THAT HAD HEMI,S my 354 had a tach drive:)

3. 1970malibu

1970malibu
    from Minnesota

Picked this one up the other day. Saw someone else on this thread has one but can't find any info about it either. Missing bezel I have another bezel to go on the outside. Any help would be great. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Kurto

Kurto

Has anyone ever seen a Sun Super 'mini' tach that reads to 10000rpm? I'm looking for something smaller then 3 3/8" but with a 10k redline.

5. kroozn1

kroozn1

This is an oddball 2 3/4" Offy I have had for quite a while and know nothing about it.
    Sorry for the poor pics.

In the lower right it says.... Offy Products Inc... Milford, Pa. 1960

Attached Files:

6. hotdamn

hotdamn

any one got any info on this offy???

I have a similar one but mine is round and in a can. Like the kind you mount on your dash or column or something.

7. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Had A gentleman stop by my shop today wanting to sell some old parts and had this in the couple of boxes he was selling along with other parts and some 70's Ford service manuals.....Rich

Attached Files:

• 069.jpg
      069.jpg
      File size:
      489.9 KB
      Views:
    • 071.jpg
      071.jpg
      File size:
      480 KB
      Views:
    • 070.jpg
      070.jpg
      File size:
      480.2 KB
      Views:
    • 072.jpg
      072.jpg
      File size:
      476.2 KB
      Views:
    Yutan Flash likes this.
  8. redlinegw

redlinegw
    from Newhall CA

If you guys ever want any of those tachs converted to work with aftermarket Ignition systems or converted from mechanical to electronic the guys over at Redline Gauge Works can hook you up. www.redlinegaugeworks.com (661) 259-8891 ask for Shannon. The tachs will look completely stock but will have all new VDO or Autometer internals and backed by a 2 year warranty!

9. That Rotunda tach is a very desireable Ford musclecar piece!

10. Frank

Frank

I love this Corbin I rescued from being tossed in the garbage by the kids cleaning an estate. The outside is nickel plated. There is a mirrored beveled edge around it to help reflect light. The glass lens has a beveled edge. I'm thinking this is pre-war but I have no idea what application. Its a very low rpm though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. rbakula

rbakula

Hello, I am new here and I need your help. I have this Tach and it is marked Rotunda, looks to good to be a fake, but I have a Ford guy telling me they never made one like this and it is fake. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  12. I assume it's by Faria by the face rim and style of graphic at the bottom. What's the sheet of instructions say in the background?

13. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Old SW, don't know what plugs into it but it's on the classifieds as we speak!

Attached Files:

14. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

My Bonneville. I know there are more on this thread but does anyone have any info on these?

Attached Files:

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a couple. the old one is reverse rotation and was originally on some sort of big rig and I believe the 80 year old guy I got it from said it ran off the generator. I saw one at Paso in a Willys 4 banger powered T roadster.

got the second one cheap at a swap meet.

Attached Files:

16. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Just gave these to a friend for his 64 Comet......still have a Smiths and Sun Super Tach 1....Also have an early 60s Sun and transmitter (no pic)

Attached Files:

17. rbakula

rbakula

It's Rotunda instructions, but the graphic is of the Rotunda that has the needle from the bottom -- it doesn't look like the one I have. Has official Rotunda - 1962 Ford Motor Company printed on the sheet.

18. nwi region rat

nwi region rat

I've seen the ads for these, they are for cars....they made a line of these square gauges in the late 60's. I have the matching temp and humidity. Would you like to sell that Tach?

19. saveoursteel

saveoursteel

I collect hot rod instruments. Have several old tachs. Can anyone identify this brass Jones ? posible teens, twentys airplane. What in the heck had a 7500 rpm range in those days. Some random pics of my tachs, need to stack them up like cord wood for some pics. Hope this photobucket link works with the HAMB.

http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j323/saveoursteel/random tachs/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  20. padjss

padjss
    from indiana

I've got an old tach it's a wizzard mechanical tach lol that's all I know about it. and i'm not sure how put a picture on here:mad:

21. padjss

padjss
    from indiana

:confused:has anyone seen one of these tachs??

Attached Files:

22. lump

lump

Does anyone recognize this old AC tachometer? I thought is was a Sun football tach when I bought it from a vendor at an antique flea mkt, but it is different. Is this some old OEM tach, per chance?
    [​IMG]

Perhaps this is a GM factory accessory tach, sold over-the-counter back in the day?
    [​IMG]

As you can see, it is clearly stamped
    "AC"
    "Made in the USA."
    [​IMG]

Any input from the wise old rodders on the HAMB will be greatly appreciated!

23. i had the same sw tach

24. lump

lump

Neat collection, Saveoursteel!! Well done!

25. Muttley

Muttley

A Sun football tach is called a football tach because of the red football shape printed on the face.

[​IMG]

26. lump

lump

Aha! Thanks, Muttley! I have assumed it was the window-face shape for years. I learned something today!

27. My 61 MG has a tach cable off the back of the generator

28. I'm thinking Corvair. Kinda like the 63-64 Chevy fullsize tach but closer to the Corvair tach. Don't know if Corvairs had that high of a redline.

29. lump

lump

Thanks, Max!

Assdragger likes this.
  30. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I wanted to say 66 Chevelle knee knocker tach like I had but the word tachometer is not written out on your tach. I'm pretty sure that there were different red lines for the different engines in the same year. It's surely a GM optional tack of that vintage but I can't say with certainty what model it came in.