Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage SW tach with sender in box! Want!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gemcityrenegade, Feb 15, 2013.

1. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

My buddy sent me this pic asking about this tach. It was in the truck of an old car he bought. I want it but we don't know what it's worth as ebay isn't really a good place to answer these type questions. I'd like to give him 100 or 200 hundy for it. Looks like its new in the box. What should I give him for it so he doesn't put it on ebay. What say y'all?
    [​IMG]

2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

If I was buying it would be $150, if selling $250.....................

3. Tell him you'll give him $180.00 and that if he puts it on Evil Bay those bastards will bleed him dry between the fees and PayPal costs so he won't be any further ahead. Plus he'll have to wait through an auction (maybe more than once) and HOPE the buyer comes through. You know... The bird in the hand deal.

4. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

5. Holy smokes! I cant help with a real value of yours, but had to share, I just bought the very same tach for $5. from the local flea market! couldnt believe I saw it there in a pile of air guages. yippe for meeeee !

edit: I looked at mine, its the same but an older version I think. the curved bar with the numbers has a green stripe in the center. model "M7" ?
    whats yours say on the back of the gauge, not cup but the gauge

6. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

7. dang, thats cool looking. I dunno what its worth, but if the cup bugs you, the gauge can be recessed in the dash also.
    mine looks older, maybe they didnt stamp them w/ the date earlier, dunno, it doesnt have a date stamp on it anywhere like yours and the others posted in your thread, it has M7 stamped on the back, it also has the same sensor screwed on the back like the other "green stripe" photo posted.

hes your friend, offer him 100 and see what happens