Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Vintage Stock Cars for the street...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Conder, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Haven't heard that before :cool: . I sell here and ya' get guys that let their fingers do their shopping before checking their wallet or asking the wife for permission !!!!!!!

LEAK, guy did ya' a favor. Keep the car and have fun. Those cars make a killer lookin' race car. I think "FireBall" drove a '63 1/2 late in the '63 season.

2. Love that Falcon!

3. Found this old USAF truck stuffed in the blackberry patch. My son was in the process of making it into a NASCAR STYLE race truck, but sold it before completions. We put an S-10 frame under it, cut 8" out of the bed, 22 gal fuel tank, circle track wheels, small block Chevy. Now belongs to Jerry Rice of Monroe Wa. Hope he finishes it.

Attached Files:

4. bava17

bava17

Conder,
    y'all ever get to this?
    to busy with Stoner's Nas-T?
    Bava

5. TinShed

TinShed

Any pictures of the cage in that? That is cool!

6. coneman

coneman

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Very cool thread - always thought this would be a cool idea.
    Used to be a 76 Laguna that ran around this area done this way - haven't seen it in a long time.
    There are 2 #3 late model replicas that run around Omaha - one white, one black, and one red as Dale JRs car. They are members of the same family and are pretty well done but bone stock under the paint.
    A friend of mine built this;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's built with all real race car parts, 351 with a Richmond 6 speed.
    I got a good 60 mile or better ride in it - simply unbelievable!

I saw this truck this past weekend at the Performance World Show in Toronto this past weekend. I found myself pouring over this truck for about a half hour. What a fantastic piece of work.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

7. Greg D

Greg D

That was it's first indoor show.
    He did pretty well with it including a Builder's Choice award.

8. 65imp

65imp

Took out the Ol' 13 today...

Attached Files:

9. r.p.m. rick

r.p.m. rick

if ya can find some kind of passenger door ...you can use vw lower door patches they work out pretty well..

10. bumpnrun

bumpnrun

that thing is cool.....!

11. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Those look very neat!

12. I started mocking up my Junior Johnson Replicar a few years ago, until I found that the frame is gone. I'm going to either use a frame and floor from a '70 T-Bird or get a police interceptor Crown Vic and use that. I've got a good 428 FE for it, but will need to save up for a T-56 behind it. Project back burnered...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. k-member

k-member

Makes me want to put some digits on the Ol "Coondingy"

Attached Files:

• 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      382.5 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      478.2 KB
      Views:
  14. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

...a little more work on the floor and firewall and mock up of the steering and brakes. I'm really just kind of wingin' it at this point.

Attached Files:

15. 351bb

351bb

A little late to the party? No, the party is still going on!

I've seen this Holemann-Mooddy Gran Torino last week! It's still alive here in Switzerland and in awesome shape, all original all around, interieur, paint, drive train and so on. The owner is a good fellow, so please understand, I can't give more details. I'll provide him your Email address, if you're interested. May be you can help him to locate some more information about his stunning example of car history.

Keep the old iron runnin' !

16. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

RR fender radius

Attached Files:

17. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

So, That's it? No more pictures of cool stock cars for the street? :confused:

18. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Nothing new....just a little more progress

2011-12-13_20-16-53_286[1].jpg

2011-12-13_20-17-38_195[1].jpg

2011-12-13_20-18-38_467[1].jpg

19. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I'm progressing on this one, not very HAMB friendly. 48 Plymouth business coupe, going for an early 60s local dirt track look. Definitely not hard core race car though, going to be a poser driver. Gene

Attached Files:

20. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

Progress is looking good Nash. We, well most of us, know Rome wasn't built in a day. Will you be keeping it all Ford running gear, or will you be mixing it up a bit?

50 Dodge, you've got a good looking project too. I love this kind of stuff, and it's great eye candy as well. What's really great is that you never get it smashed up every weekend. :D

21. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Why is not Hamb friendly? Looks friendly to me, does it bite? lol

22. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Mostly Ford...a non-H.A.M.B. friendly 5.0 Coyote motor, TKO 600, full floating Ford 9 inch.

23. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

The 48 is all Dodge Dakota under the skin (as in a reskinned Dakota truck). V6, 5 speed, throttle body fuel injection, steering column, seat, bonded windshield, modern outside door handles and a bunch of other stuff that is nontraditional. Gene

24. John McKenzie

John McKenzie

Gene that sounds good, I'm sure the changes you make are going to be easier to work with then to try and run original equipment of the time period you want to emulate. Not saying that that can't be done, just easier I think your way.

I'm a Mopar man for many years now, but I've come to respect the other monikers that have made their name in history. I currently own to Mopar products and one GM.

John

25. Hampton Va, state inspected and driven almost every day

Attached Files:

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

^^^^^ Very cool !!!

27. MistShift

MistShift

Actually '66 wasn't a bad year for Impalas, first year for the 427/425 option. :)

28. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Just read thru this thread after watching the start of the movie fast and furious tokyo drift, what a coincidence, thought the nascar style malibu was the coolest car in all of the movies! Any how, what a great thread, would love to see some of these cars on the street.
    Any Vegas, so cal guys looking there is a 69 galaxie gt fastback with a 429 on vegas craiglist, appears there is a title issue but the car is cheap for what it is, might be worth checking out....
    http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2639373111.html

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  29. bumpnrun

bumpnrun

30. skull

skull

l am putting a 194Oish dodge body on a 2001 modified dirt car chassis to make me a street legal 1960's style dirt car jalopy.

it will look like the pic.

l hope to be done in early 2013:D

Later :cool:

Attached Files: