Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Thanks for the info;I almost stated BRM in my post earlier. I thought tires had become somewhat wider by '66;the reason I stated '64 or '65.

...And The Wee Scot had large courage units. Fortunate to have met him many,many years ago.

2. Kool66

Kool66
    from Dearborn

I found out from a friend of mine here in Detroit what the crew is up to in this photo.This is an inflatable brake adjusting tool used to compress the shoes and springs to get the minimum brake shoe clearance to the drum.Dragging or too loose shoes are not a good thing.The crew men on the rear is doing the same operation.

[​IMG]

Trojan Horse likes this.
  3. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I'm something of a "vintage cola" enthusiast, and I make a run up to Jungle Jim's every couple months to stock up on some of the drinks of yester-year. This advertisement got the best of my curiosity, so I did a google search..... A rather extensive search to boot, and I cant find any information on the Ko-Nut Kola company anywhere.

There are a few bottles and caps available from some of the auction and collector sites, but no info to be found on where the company was located, when it was in business, what happened to it, recipies and/or formulas.... Nothing :confused:

Anybody remember anything or got the low-down?

4. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

5. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

IIRC, Jim Clark was killed at Hockenheim.

6. jroberts

jroberts

You are absolutely correct. Sorry about that mistake.

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This shot of Norm's car is awesome.

8. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

9. Came across a whole flock of old photos of Ottawa, Canada (my girlfriend lives there) -- start off with some old postcards, this one of downtown Ottawa:
    [​IMG]

10. Major's Hill Park with Parliament Hill and the Library in the background, Ottawa, unknown year:
    [​IMG]

11. Not sure where this is (maybe Queen Elizabeth Driveway near what's now Lansdowne Park? If so, that would be the Canal to the left and Browns Inlet to the right...went skating on the Canal a couple of years ago.) but what's cool is there's a horse-pulled carriage in the foreground, but one of those new-fangled, smoke-belching "horseless carriages" coming down the street toward us!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  12. Chateau Laurier entrance (a Really Nice -- read: Expensive -- Hotel!), showing the old train station:
    [​IMG]

13. A couple of arial shots...Sussex and Lady Grey Drives...Parliament Hill can barely be seen at the upper right:
    [​IMG]

14. Brimen

Brimen
    from Norway

15. Porter Island -- What's interesting is seeing how much erosion/fill has altered the shape of the island.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Downtown Ottawa, ca. 1954, showing the Murphy-Gamble department store and the old Ottawa Citizen newspaper building:
    [​IMG]
    (I was going to make a crack about "a typical spring day in Ottawa", but that would be wrong...it's a typical summer day in Ottawa!)

17. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I've been following this thread since the beginning and it is hard to believe it is coming up on a thousand pages. Let me toss in a few more just to keep the ball rolling.

18. Finally, the Carleton Motor Sales Company, where you can get your new Willys or Terraplane!
    [​IMG]

19. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

20. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

21. Atlanta, 1951
    [​IMG]
    (These photos were unattributed.)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  22. Chicago, undated...cool Lincoln
    [​IMG]