Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudestude

rudestude

Longview WA. 1962 Columbus Day Storm ... I lived across the river in Rainier Oregon then I was only a year old then...[​IMG]

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ct1932ford, LOU WELLS and Bomb like this.
  2. 56shoebox

56shoebox

A similar thing happened in my neighborhood. Three brothers were driving in the oldest brother's convertible 57 Chevy and drove off the edge of a mountain in PA. The car landed on it's roof. The middle brother, my older brother's best friend, died. Some 50 years later I still think of that kid and wonder sometimes if my brother still thinks of him too. The family never recovered from it and the oldest brother (Who's car it was and the driver) had physical scars, as well as psychological ones the remainder of his life.

3. 56shoebox

56shoebox

How ironic the car was FOR SALE. "Shit, now I have to drop the price."

4. 56shoebox

56shoebox

I would love to know the story behind what caused that kind of damage. On a related note, did anyone notice how the "top" of that Greyhound bus has popped off?

5. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Holy crap. No way that poor bastard lived through that. Look at the steering column and the amount of blood that puddled on the floor and ran down the side of the drivers side rocker panel and onto the street.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Mart

Mart

I've been posting a lot of pics lately and chose not to post the serious accident pics, the cars had so few safety measures back then the chances of fatalities was high. If the car was smashed up enough to photograph, it was probably a serious (fatal) incident.

Mart

7. rudestude

rudestude

8. rudestude

rudestude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.