Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

This shot was made in the late 50's, I've seen the original before, someone has photoshopped it to lower the car.
    Never cared for those old MoPars back in the day but they look pretty badass when they're in the weeds.

2. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Think I saw this van on Colorado blvd. Pasadena Ca. in the 60's

LOU WELLS, dad-bud and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  3. The guy who colorizes these photos does research on the vehicles in them and then colorizes accordingly - he has a facebook page "Imbued with Hues" that has some pretty neat photos.

Lamego and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  4. swi66

swi66

5. swi66

swi66

6. swi66

swi66

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Another trip down Memory Lane for me.

Jimbo

8. dad-bud

dad-bud

[​IMG]
    Hmmmmm, ......... we're reeeeeaalllly liking this one.
    Reeeeeeeeaaaallllllyyyyy!

29bowtie likes this.
  9. HellsBells5

HellsBells5

10. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

11. noboD

noboD

I see they can't get it " up" as high as they used to.

12. Is that a Super Duty sitting out front? (ha-ha, made you look!).

400 N Main.

Folks from there said it "Roy yall Oak".

Any time I went down Woodward, we'd swing in there to see if anything new had showed up.

13. Am I the only one that wants to get up close to that motor and see what that bad boy has got?

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

^^^^^^ Looks like tri power and a mag and recirculating cooling pipes..

15. I think I have a photo of it from the Rose Bowl swap meet from about 1975.

16. I was raised there and I don't remember anyone saying it like that, but I DO remember that we used to call nearby Hazel Park, "Hazeltucky" since it seemed like a lot of hillbillies lived there. No offense to Hazel Park dwellers.

17. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Great photo. Same driveway, same guys. One shot taken before lunch and one shot taken after lunch. :)

18. From the side this looks too much like a Mustang.
    [​IMG]

Trojan Horse, loudbang and DJCruiser like this.
  19. Because you were raised there - would you notice/ I don't mean "ya'll come back" - more like "royale" - hard to splain. Almost like the "o" was an "i".

Yeah, they did have that horse track. We had called Waterford Water-tucky, Water-bama - lots of guys moved up here from the south to work in the plants.

20. Yeah....I guess my sisters still have the "Michigan accent". I got rid of it when i moved to California.

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

In your neck of the woods, I'd be concerned about what them hillbillies are growing up in the hills of Southern Oregon. Run when you hear banjos;)

Raiman1959 and 31Dodger like this.
  22. garham

garham

I am half way through this and love these pictures. Reposting are fine with me because such a large site and love the history of place.

dad-bud likes this.
  23. My Dad's Ford wagon and the old neighborhood in Royal Oak, Michigan where I grew up 1950s Ford.JPG ....

24. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

LOL...I grew up in Southern Oregon, in the backwoods areas above Jacksonville and Applegate/McKee Bridge area....and I can admit for certain, ...ya' don't wanna be walking around up in some of those parts sometimes without knowing what one is up to....Some of my relatives still play the banjo rather loudly and target practice from the front porch....time still moves kinda slow up there....however; lot of ''gardeners'' now-a-days encroaching on the old properties for sure.;)

25. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

My aunt Marie.... in Canby, Oregon, with the 'only' car she ever bought!.....she rarely drove it over 45 mph for 3 decades, till she couldn't drive no more due to health.....I tried to buy it from her in 1986 with a genuine begging plea, to drive while I was in the Navy...no deal! She 'gave' it to her wayward son in 1988 , who sold it 3 days later for $215 & a 6-pack of beer....guess some things aren't meant to be!:confused::oops: 001.jpg

26. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

[​IMG]
    My Dad used to have two of these type cars. One was similar to one of the midget types, the other was a teardrop belly tank type. He also had the swivel post and some of the cable that they were tethered to. I think he still has them (at least I hope he does.) A good one will do 100mph or a little more. That's real mph, too.

27. rodney woolnough

rodney woolnough
    from tasmania

redex trial australia the FORD and VW

28. Oh my, that's just wrong. Our daughter wants a car exactly like it - no new car for her.

Raiman1959, Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  29. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

30. Hakro

Hakro

It's Scarab, the one and only all-American Formula One car from 1960.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.