The Jalopy Journal
Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.
That could be the old airport in Petaluma not posative
These pictures of Dion and the Belmonts
The Big Bopper
Waylon Jennings, Buddy Holly and Tommy Allsup
and Buddy Holly are in an article in the Duluth News Tribute about their January 31, 1959 concert in Duluth. The article is well worth reading.
Winter in Russia.
North Dakota 1966
Makes me shiver just looking at the pictures.
Oh yeah, and just like today at the cruise-ins & car shows, what with all the other makes of cars in this photo, what are these guys looking at instead? A Buick.
Fantastic info, thanx for putting this out. I just love this kind of special purpose stuff. Gary
Main St Buffalo
Looks like a still on wheels to me.
My grandfathers 1955 Chevy. In about 1965 or so he and my grandmother went to buy eggs one foggy morning. He pulled out in front of an early 60's Plymouth and this was the result. If my mom had not have overslept that morning I would have been with them. My grandfather was 80 at the time and was thrown from the car landing on his head in the highway. He refused to go to the hospital saying he was saved by having the eggs to slide on. I still remember how his head was all skinned up. Tough old guy.
the Julia belle used to dock and have Illinois river tours out of Peoria il. in the summer for years. but it's been replaced by a fake riverboat called the spirit of Peoria (prop driven with fake paddle)
I happen to own one!!!
My god! You own a fake riverboat??!!
I was referring to a 1956 Pontiac station wagon on railroad rails a few pages back.
Just havin' some fun, my brother-in-law had a nice 55 Pontiac station wagon...........Very cool car.
Alioto's Seafood Grill, San Francisco circa 1945.
You really have to wonder what the airline was thinking by putting what looks like a mural of Icarus (mans first flight disaster) right in the passengers face?
Relying on the fact that 90% of people probably don't know the story and hoping that the other 10% don't make the connection between feathers and hot wax!
Separate names with a comma.