Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empire

empire

2. DiggerODell

DiggerODell

It's flipped Horizontally . . . looks like it's in England if it weren't for the make of the cars . . .;-) Cool picture, I miss the days the autos on the road appeared like this.

Attached Files:

3. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hey Mike,
    I do understand, like I said, this is a 'conversational' kinda place.
    It just seems that it is difficult to keep this thread on track at times - I'm not the police here, but I just figured a little focus before it got outta hand.
    Thanks for understanding.

4. dad-bud

dad-bud

..... needle rip across the record!! - bahahahahaha
    Great one.
    ;)

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I found some new T bird vent grilles but they are 30 dollars each so I might look for some used ones at the swapmeets,in a couple weeks I am going to hit the local old junkyard and see what I can find.

6. Danno, I like the photos. I think dirty cars are kool!

Attached Files:

7. Smirnoff

Smirnoff

8. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

That's the right attitude.:cool: One of the COOL things about this thread is that people can speak their minds, usually without getting high-handed and throwing a wet blanket on the party. All about balance, right?:p

And, DadBud, I've said all along that those who love Dog's thread the best are the very ones to speak up, like you ("self-policing," I call it:rolleyes: Ryan and MetalShapes can't manage this big thread alone, can they???:cool:). Let's face it, everybody gets in a weird mood and fucks up once in a while. I can still remember when fellow thread members didn't just scold me but lambasted:eek: me for too many photos on (how's this for disparate?:p) for: TOO many French orphans and TOO much "Blazing Saddles." ("Well, I like rape." Guess you had to see the movie!:D)

Still, IndyBigDog said it well recently: VARIETY.:cool: This ain't commercial TV, and we ain't perfect! Let's just get along. And for the gripers, try contributing something instead of criticizing other people's well-intended efforts. A newbie just came on a day or so ago, couldn't get it right -- no pix; INSTEAD of scalding his ass, HAMBers talked him through it and, mostly:), his posts are GREAT additions to dog's thread! God bless Ryan, the HAMB and all of the earnest mods who take a bunch of shit from us.:D

Sorry, I missed for two days. My newlywed daughter and her Marine husband -- just back from Afghanistan -- had their house burn nearly down on Monday. Fortunately, they were (1) home and (2) still awake when the electrical fire started and moved up to the, as yet unused, second floor. With poor clothing, they got all their huskies, ferrets and the ball python out of the house before the house got engulfed. They, being out on a farm, it took the firefighters a while to get to scene, BUT when they arrived they kicked ass:cool: and found every stubborn smoldering spot. What a mess!:( But, some of my best friends used to be firefighters. They have a shitty, dangerous (read that DANGEROUS!) job.

Everybody, THANK a firefighter, a serviceman/woman, a teacher, a bagger at the grocery ... life is short.:rolleyes: But for a chance of timing, my youngest daughter and her newlywed U.S. Marine hubby might be dead now, along with their beloved animals.

Makes ya stop and THINK about bullshit squabbling on Dog's thread doesn't it? Did me.:eek:

If I ge kicked off the HAMB for drama, I'll accept that. But I have to say that these have been the best four consecutive years of my life, since I signed on, January 2009.:) The HAMB is about sharing what you know (plus your old-time experiences) AND learning what you DON'T friggin' know.:rolleyes: By gum, seems to work.:cool: If I'm the soapbox guy referred to earlier, well, soapbox is put aside for now.:D

9. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

If Walt Disney's magic was a treasured and integral part of your growing (and
    learning) experience in the '50 and early '60s -- as it was for me and my siblings
    -- you may enjoy one of more of the following items from the vintage entertain-
    ment vault. A big THANKS -- for the memories AND for teaching us to dream!
    -- to Walt and ALL of the folks at the Walt Disney Company, past and present!

[FONT=arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][B][IMG]http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/original-mickey-mouse-club-too.jpg[/IMG][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=black][B][I][FONT=Arial]Photo thanks to Bitten&Bound [/FONT][/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=arial]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][B][I][FONT=Arial]Original "Mickey Mouse Club" Cast[/FONT][/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annette_Funicello"][COLOR=red][B][COLOR=blue]Annette Funicello[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/URL][B] [SIZE=2](long career in recording, movies and TV, mom of three, multiple [/SIZE][/B][/FONT][FONT=Arial][B][SIZE=2]sclerosis sufferer and author)[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheryl_Holdridge"][COLOR=red][B][COLOR=blue]Cheryl Holdridge[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/URL][B][SIZE=2] (joined second season -- appeared in many TV series; died in 2009,[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][B][SIZE=2]lung cancer)[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Burgess"][COLOR=red][B][COLOR=blue]Bobby Burgess[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/URL][SIZE=2][B](earned a long-term dancing spot on Lawrence Welk's popular show)[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlene_Gillespie"][COLOR=blue][B]Darlene Gillespie[/B][/COLOR][/URL][B] [SIZE=2](after MMC, she found varied success as a recording artist, [/SIZE][/B][/FONT][B]Wikipedia)[/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doreen_Tracey"][COLOR=blue][B]Doreen Tracey[/B][/COLOR][/URL][B][SIZE=2] (after the MMC, she pursued vocal music, music production)[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubby_O%27Brien"][COLOR=blue][B][SIZE=3]Cubby O'Brien[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]("Meeseketeer"; has enjoyed a long career as a pro drummer)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Pendleton"][COLOR=blue][B][SIZE=3]Karen Pendleton[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]("Meeseketeer"; paralyzed below the waist by an '83 car wreck, she is now a board member of the California Assn. of the Physically Handicapped.)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Cole"][COLOR=blue][B][SIZE=3]Tommy Cole[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial](became a respected makeup artist)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonnie_Burr"][COLOR=blue][B][SIZE=3]Lonnie Burr[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial](well- educated, he has pursued a broad career in dance, theater, literature, movies, TV and radio)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Baird"][COLOR=blue][B][SIZE=3]Sharon Baird[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial](one of the three best MMC dancers, she pursued a varied career in dance and entertainment field and is now semi-retirement in Reno, NV)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=3][I][FONT=Arial]Other Mouseketeers and support players who appeared less frequently on camera[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=3][I][FONT=Arial]or who had special assignments, such as guest segments and serial roles:[/FONT][/I][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Considine"][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=3]Tim Considine[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial](Spin on the three "Spin & Marty" serials featured on the MMC. Tim was best friends with Steve McQueen, and the two shared a life-long passion for hi-performance and racing cars. Tim has authored on the subject.)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Kirk"][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=3]Tommy Kirk[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial](starred in many Disney films, including "The Hardy Boys," "Old Yeller," "The Shaggy Dog," "Swiss Family Robinson," etc. After his screen career tapered off, he launch a successful small business.)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberta_Shore"][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=3]Roberta Shore[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial](a.k.a. Jymme Shore; co-starred in Disney's "Shaggy Dog," won a frequent recurring role on TV's series, "The Virginian.") [/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stollery"][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=3]David Stollery[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]("Marty" on the three "Spin & Marty" serials)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Corcoran"][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=3]Kevin Corcoran[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/URL][B][SIZE=3],[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][FONT=Arial][B][SIZE=2](a.k.a. Moochie; enjoyed rolls in many Disney flicks, including "Swiss Family Robinson")[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

[B][SIZE=3][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Don Agrati[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][FONT=Arial] (later aka Don Grady, Robbie on the "My Three Sons" series)[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Crawford"][COLOR=black][SIZE=3][B]Johnny Crawford[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [B](played Mark McCain on "The Rifleman" series)[/B][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Petersen"][COLOR=black][SIZE=3][B]Paul Petersen[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][B][SIZE=3] ([/SIZE][SIZE=2]played[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Arial]elder son Jeff Stone on "Donna Reed Show")[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

[B][U][SIZE=3]Footnotes[/SIZE][/U]: [FONT=Arial]Mickey Rooney's sons, Mickey, Jr., and Tim. appeared briefly on the show. Paul Williams and Candice Bergen tried out but failed the cut. Sadly, lung cancer would claim two Mouseketeer cast: Jimmie Dodd, at only 54 in 1964, and popular, ever-smiling Cheryl Holdridge, at 64 in 2009. Walt himself was taken by cancer in late-1966.[/FONT][/B]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  10. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

[​IMG]

Image thanks to DisneyWikia.com. All Disney charcter art,
    graphic elements, etc., are, of course, the property of the
    Walt Disney Company. Presented here only for discussion
    and vintage historical information.

[​IMG]
    Photo thanks to FlickR

Movie actor and songwriter Jimmie Dodd was the M.C. and father figure,
    on-screen and off, of "The Mickey Mouse Club." Besides writing many
    ditties infused with wholesome life values, Dodd also penned the opening
    theme march for the program, which was adapted in slower form to close
    each show:

Cast: "M-I-C" ...
    Dodd: "C ya real soon!" ...
    Cast: "K-E-Y" ...
    Dodd: "Y? Because we LIKE you!" . . .
    All: "M-O-U-S-E!"

[​IMG]
    Photo thanks to Pinterest

11. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

[​IMG]

Disney staff artist Roy Williams appeared frequently as the "Big Mooseketeer,"
    teaching club members -- on-set and at-home -- how to draw. Williams (1907-76)
    designed the "mouse ears," the costuming keys for the cast. Roy also designed
    over a hundred insignia for the U.S. armed forces during WWII. (Though the
    show was Walt's concept, he left regular creative and production mainly to Bill
    Walsh and Hal Adelquist.) Photo thanks to the Walt Disney Company.

[​IMG]
    Image thanks to Miehana. Ditto below.

[​IMG]
    When his health permitted, even the retired Roy still visited Disneyland into the 1970s, often
    sketching on Art Corner, presenting instant, personalized treasures for delighted youngsters!
    It's been said he could conjure up Mickey and other Disney character in 10 seconds or less.

[​IMG]
    A Roy Williams five-second Micky from Art Corner in Tomorrowland, thanks to Brian Mitchell!

12. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Proof that there's always been plenty of talent
    on both sides of a movie camera!

[​IMG]

Circa 1952, the beautiful lady in Roy Williams' sights
    here is Ginni Mack, then of the Ink and Color section
    in Disney's Animation Department. Ginni's face mod-
    eled for that of the character Tinker Bell, while Mar-
    garet Kerry served as body model. Ginni married
    Brice Mack, a story writer/director and background
    artist for Disney, from the earliest feature-length movie,
    "Snow White," through 1954 when he struck out with
    his own successful production ventures.

Son Kevin Mack (an admitted car nut, BTW!) said his
    prolific dad was known by fellow team members as
    "Muscelbrain" for his intellect, positive attitude, ima-
    gination and endless sense of humor. Kevin -- himself
    an Academy Award-winning movie artist and director --
    included the above photo on his blog, noting humor-
    ously, "I've always been proud to be the son of "Muscle-
    brain" and Tinkerbell!" (See and read more at www.
    kevinmackart.com/facts-and-trivia.html.)

Though Brice passed on at 90 in 2008, Ginny Mack is
    alive, well and still appears in Disney Studios events.

[​IMG]

13. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

[​IMG]

Ginger Rogers and Caesar Romero shilling for Nixon votes in 1960. The awe-struck lad in the Falcon back seat is an impressionable Al Gore thinking, "If this works for them, one day, I'll claim to have invented the internet!"

14. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

<article class="entry post clearfix"> Walt Disney and The Big Mooseketeer

Posted by Jeff Dixon on May 1, 2012 in All Posts, Disney Trivia | 0 comments
    [​IMG]

15. automaticslim

automaticslim
    from new jersey

Hey Jimi, thanks for giving us a trip back to some good days!

16. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

[​IMG]

Just a swell old sepia photo from 1925, showing FlickR member
    OzFan22's own mother in the arms of his grandmother. Said he,
    "a less than flattering pic of my grandmother, but I include this
    because of the stroller."

17. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Camden N.J.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jimi sorry to hear about the fire but good to hear your family and the pets are ok...

18. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Brooklyn toll plaza looking toward Manhattan, circa 1950.

[​IMG]

19. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Dude, this place has been GREAT to me. All I try to do is give back something for what I get. I say THANKS to Dog and all the regulars, Ryan, MetalShapes, and visitors to this thread, as well as those who have contributed and moved on (no names, no order here, or I'd miss GREAT people). Keep it up, all!:cool:

20. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

Any idea what this is? I remember building this as a model. I was maybe 5 yrs old so about 1964. It had no steering wheel just a T handle on the console that steered the rear tire. The model was yellow with red seats.

21. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

22. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

23. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Big thanks, Eddie. My head is still reeling, which -- I guess -- is why my Irish mouth got away from me!:eek:

24. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

This crap couldn't have gone down easy with most women, could it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. blackanglia

blackanglia

From the late 60's. Check out the white ladder bars and frame. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

27. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

28. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

[​IMG]
    Marilyn Monroe and Milton Berle,

29. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Rent A. Trip

Rent A. Trip

[​IMG]
    -
    It was after I returned to Los Angeles from 4 years in the Army- I had been in Bavaria Germany, well...I was hitch hiking back into LA from Lake Elsinore, I was picked up by 2 young ladies from Switzerland, on vacation in the USA, They wanted to visit DisneyLand , so we made a day of it- It Just Happened to be on Mickey's Birthday ! Well we were standing in line for Space Mountain in Tomorrow Land- there off to the side was a TV Camera & a guy ewearing a white turtleneck with "TOMMY" printed on the front- I explained to the 2 Swiss Girls I had to step out of line to say Hi to a friend- I walked up to Tmmy & shook his hand, and asked about Anette < he said she could not make it- I showed Tommy My one of a kind Brass Mickey mouse Belt buckle & asked him if it would entitle me to be an honorary Mouseketeer ! He said it certainly qualified me as a honorary Mouseketeer- There you have it , that is my story - and I'm sticking to it!
    ------------------------ Tommy Cole - (below)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.