Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_J_

J_J_

just played with the pic a bit and thats exactly what it is, looks like and import possibly toyota but definately the right front fender, marker likght bumper and tire of a late model..
    kinda like my renaissance wedding photo that looks cool untill you spot the damn security guard in the back ground! :mad:

2. Well I'm glad the old eyes haven't quite failed me yet. I bet I could fake some pics if I really wanted too though. Nice catch on the tire tracks and the Toyota. The question is why isn't there a pic of that car elsewhere? It looks pretty cool i would like a better pic.

I didn't think about it last night but the photo editing program I use, Lightroom, will tell me when the photo was taken, the camera used, and other stuff. I 'm at work though not at home so I couldn't tell you today.

3. I tried to blow it up some, gets pretty blurry

[​IMG]

4. Richflash

Richflash
    from NH

Is that a German State Trooper?

5. nagramos

nagramos

6. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I agree it's the passengers front fender on a late model pick up,Most likely the one that dropped the roadster off for the pics.The roadster is still a fine looking car just might be a survivor having new pics taken.

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

No it looks like a 60s era Mass State trooper.I remember that they used to have these "Clock cars" and station wagons if they thought you were driving too fast they would pull in front of you and slowly reduce speed till you were doing speed limit no ticket no BS just please slow down for safety!It even reads that on the big speedo face.Showed posted speed limit and please slow down.

8. Cougar67

Cougar67
    from Central VA

That was a TERRIBLE police uniform. They look like SS. I bet more than one WWII veteran freaked out late at night stopped by one of those guys. PTSD had not been acknowledged then but I'm sure plenty suffered from it.

9. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

PTSD was known back then but was reffered to as "Shell Shock"I remember as a young man a neighbor that would dive for cover at a great many loud noises and my parents and his family telling me he had a terrible accident in the war and that he had Shell shock and thought he was still there when loud noises scared him.It wasn't till many years later I learned he was a highly decorated medic or Corpsman that had half his skull shot away working on GIs on the beaches of Normandy! Medics were their first targets!

10. You're probably right about the location. Not sure where I found that picture but it's a lot like some other spare tire cover ads I posted awhile back.

11. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

No thinking, other than the destination, was involved in the process
    I used to flat tow, with a clamp on towbar, a 56 Chevy Gasser to the local with my 55 Ford car on one of the most dangerous roads in the county - I would get pissed when the traffic was stopped for an accident - I wanted as much strip time as I could get

12. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Yep, and they still look like that!

[​IMG]

13. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

I don't know if it's just me...or because I like them...but it sure seems to have been a lot of Ramblers in the pics from the 50's and 60's

14. empire

empire

15. empire

empire

16. Well, this pic is obviously a reenactment scene. No problem. What I see that has me curious is the stack of what i assume is ammunition. I suppose someone here can explain the way it was supposed to work.

17. JackOfAllTradesRuss

JackOfAllTradesRuss

Hello Joe
    Nice to know someone else on here has been to Wheelus AFB,Tripoli Libya. My departure was from Charleston AFB Sourh Carolina, refuled in Bermuda,Azores and Casablanca Morooco. That Super Connie was a great aircraft at that time,( it was a C 121 in the Air Force ), must have been a real Gas Hog. Thanks, Russ

18. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    Pauljrestomod97 likes this.
  19. 1909 Louis Bieriot
    First airplane crossing the English Channel.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.