Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Vintage Sebring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Vintage Sebring

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glorious is a good description. The 2nd (3rd?) vid is much later but just as welcome, the one titled 1960. In that one at 3.37 or so that driver looks like Adam Corolla! Of course it isn't, just irony in real time. Another observation, they mentioned "...the gentlemanly world of sports car racing..." during a pit. Gentlemanly my ass! Ever hang out with some of those guys? Drag racers are true gentlemen by comparison, and we know how we are so...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Michael Ottavi

Michael Ottavi

More great Cunningham info, thanks again for all this great history.

4. Nacifan

Nacifan

"1957 Sebring part1"
    Hey Ryan,
    I stumbled on to this Amoco promotional film of the 1957 Sebring race some years ago, really enjoyed it. It's now broken up into smaller videos. Typical 50's bad acting and script but still lots of cool racers. The little MG-A featured showed up at a local Cars-n-Coffee near me a few years back...

5. coot 53

coot 53

Sorry I was born too late. Started in hot rodding at 15 only to be charmed by the siren call of road racing. Competed at Daytona and Sebring in the late 70’s and early 80’s. Still enjoy building hot rods, but no better way to verify your build than by taking it to the track.

tractorguy and AHotRod like this.
  6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Tim, let me know where I can see more of your Coupe in you're avatar, it looks like a wild ride and I'd love to see and hear about it.
    Glenn

7. Great movies.... although the '1960' film is actually 1965. The contrasts that appear in just those few years shows how rapidly things were changing in this era. What to me is most interesting is how the cars styling changed between times. The late '50 cars still featured very swoopy styling, and while 'aero' features were just starting to appear, each marque had its own distinctive styling, something that tended to disappear as aerodynamics became more important. Some of the most beautiful race cars ever built....

8. This was truly the best era for sports car racing, IMO. Read Burt Levy's "The Last Open Road" series of books and watch these. Be educated. How cool.

pirate, 1320 Fan and tractorguy like this.
  9. Glory Days for sure!

10. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks