Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Racing Cams

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick320a, Jun 20, 2008.

1. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

Has anybody ever had any deaqlings with Chris Nielson Cams and/or know anything about his background in the cam grinding business ?

2. He did a 3/4 regrind on a cam for my '51 Ford 6 cylinder about 10 years ago. If I remember, he ground the cam and faced the lifters for a bit over $100. Turn around time was fast and I have about 30,000 miles on the cam with no problems. He is good people and I would do business with him again.

3. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

thanks..............anybody else?

4. He has a pretty good rep among vintage engine guys...I've never heard anything bad about him from people who have dealt with him. No problems with any of our dealings with him, either. So far as his background, I believe he worked for a couple of the majors before heading out on his own.

He also seems to be able to find blanks or cores for stuff that is unobtainable by others....stuff that's been out of production for a LONG time. :)

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

He's done several GMC 270-302 shafts for me ... never a problem of any kind.