Register now to get rid of these ads!

History vintage NHRA track decals, salays speed shop, ozzies speedshop decals

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 46fatford, Aug 4, 2019.

1. I'm trying to locate vintage NHRA track decals. I saw some years ago for my local track, Osceola dragway as it was an official NHRA track in the 60's. Also we had local speed shops called salays speed shop and Ozzies speed shop. They were located in south Bend Indiana and Mishawaka Indiana. At one time a bought reproductions of the Salays speed shop and NHRA Osceola decals, but have lost them since. Unfortunately I don't know where I bought them. I believe I bought them at the Goodguys when it used to be at IRP. Any leads is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Matt

2. Contact "Muttley" on the HAMB.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Try @Jimbo17 he can probably direct you.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. If I can locate some vintage style NHRA decals. how had would it be to change the track name to Osceola dragstrip? Can someone modify these to say that? Also I have a lead on an original Ozzies speed shop decal that I might be able to use and get copied. Can anyone on here, do that?

loudbang likes this.

5. jnaki

jnaki

BTT

Hello,

Hopefully you were successful in your search for the early NHRA era decals. HAMB is a good place to ask for historical data/items from a long time ago. Along the lines of early NHRA era decals, I am in the search for an original, oval, yellow with black letters, C&O Stick Hydro decal. They started somewhere around 1960 in So Cal, became prominent in a lot of NHRA events, went up against the powerful B&M company, and their business grew. So, there must be a lot of people that had C&O stickers back then.

Jnaki

If you or ANYONE has one or can scan/take a clear photo of the original, oval C&O sticker, PM me asap.

@1958 IMPALA would you happen to have one, too?

upload_2019-9-4_4-35-4.png
    upload_2019-9-4_4-35-40.png
    Hey 1934coupe,

@1934coupe Great eye on that tiny Racer Brown Cam sticker. We installed a Racer Brown Cam in the 1958 Impala when those cams first came out of Los Angeles. The decal was on the bottom of the rear window, when we no longer raced in the A/Stock class with the 58 black Impala. It was a lot faster than stock, obviously.

But, now the rear window had the sticker to show everyone...watch out. The side rear panel windows showed the C&O Stick Hydro decal to keep those pesky 55-57 Chevy cars in place. That was in 1960 and lasted until I sold the Impala in 1965.

Jnaki

In Long Beach, the Racer Brown sticker and C&O Hydro sticker meant business and most everyone in our cruising area knew it. (Teenage pride) But, when cruising outside of the area, people thought it was just for show, until...

Sometimes stickers were real with surprising results.

JNAKI, JAN 3, 2018

Hey Sancho,
    Thanks for the Racer Brown Cam sticker photo. I am sure it was the only Racer Brown sticker (on our black 58 Impala) in Long Beach. There were a ton of other cam stickers, whether or not they had one in their cars. (that was a trend then)

Racer Brown was a writer (a good one), then opened up a camshaft business in L.A. Being a good writer and able to explain what the cam does for us, was the inspiration to install one of his new cams. The virtual unknown cam power came on about at the 1/2 way mark in the 1/4 mile and just flew by or extended the lead when racing. We were the lonely boys with an unknown cam company sticker in the rear window. Yes, we did get many inquiries.
    upload_2019-9-4_4-38-41.png
    Thank you,
    Jnaki

Now, does anyone have a small oval yellow, original C&O STICK HYDRO sticker from 1960-61 era? Thank you in advance...

JNAKI, APR 22, 2017

6. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Growing up as a kid I had the pleasure of going to Slays Speed shop in the 60's I saw Ozzie at a lot of swap meets selling racing parts from his shop. Those were fun times. It's hard to find old decals, seems like all you see are the repops

loudbang likes this.