Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Snazzy!

2. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

making progress on my ramrod
    [​IMG]

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

Wow. That kicks ass.

4. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

I would say that it would be regional depending on where the carnival rides were produced. Most likely got them from a vendor close by....or had their own made.

5. Dennis D

Dennis D

Well, as soon as it warms up a bit and the snow goes away, I will retrieve them. Hopefully I can identify them by comparing them to the pictures in the '70 mini bike guide that I have. I'll post what I come up with. I am wanting to build a bike for my grandson, so I am hoping that they have a motor plate on them. The guy that has them said they still have the extra tube welded to the frame that attached them to the ride, but that shouldn't be a problem to remove.....famous last words:eek: Dennis D

6. jesse1980

jesse1980

You know where there's probly a lot of people with them? On the jockey journal.

7. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

This one was built to harken back to Fonda's bike in "Easy Rider"

[​IMG]

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You'd be pretty damn suprised! Every time someone has tried to start a mini bike thread over there the Harley faithful bitch and cry like small children and it gets closed. That's why I'm damn thankful that Ryan and the gang have let this one go.

I always think of mini bikes in more of a hot rod context anyway because my family's race car shop had a fleet of them as pit bikes back in the sixties and seventies. Plus, the first time they caught my attention as an adult was at Day Of The Drags in 2006. A bunch of guys had a whole heard of them and spent all afternoon racing each other down the service road on off the backside of the track and laughiing their asses off!

If your comment was meant to be snarky (possible?) just don't open this thread...

9. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Could be Hampton? Metalflake, polished stainless and blinking lights...weee! Could be tricky to make rideable. No rear sprocket or room for one and fixed forks.

10. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Will sell if interested pm me. It's a rupp hustler
    FRANK

11. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

I just made this thing. Yes thats a real penny lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

Wow! That's cool.

13. Diceman9

Diceman9

I had this ruttman grasshopper. I got it from a friend that restored it. I drove it at bonneville during speed week. (not racing it). Man what a scary assed ride. I cant imagine a kid driving one of these in the 60's. Had chopper flop real bad. Sold it to a guy in new york. Wished i still had it.

Attached Files:

14. I have been searching hi and low for a K&S rear fender like this one if anybody has a lead I would appreciate it...

15. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

16. 50 Ragtop

50 Ragtop

[​IMG]

This picture was in my Jefferson Junior High yearbook. The year was 1971 and this is in Oklahoma City Ok. The kids were allowed to ride them to school back then. Seems crazy now. These were seventh graders, mostly 12 and 13 yr olds. These were all lined up every morning at school. I don’t know how many are pictured but I’d guess 12-15.
    <O:p</O:p
    I have an old school minibike now but I don’t know the make. I just had shoulder surgery and can’t do much yet, so I’ll post a pic when I can and maybe you guys can tell me what it is.
    Dave

17. Cat 300ss

Cat 300ss
    from Fort Wayne

Do you have any pictures you could post? I have one that's the wrong color among other things. I could use some help so I can restore it correctly. Thanks in advance...

18. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Like it or not they are tied in to the car hobby. Everything from guys getting their motorized start on them to them being used as pit bikes at race tracks, to swap meet cruisers, and back to a lot of guys just getting them to re-live their childhoods....and realistically, many guys have kids, and the so the cycle starts again...

19. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

And besides, there has to be something relavant about a thread with over 1400 replies, and 355,000 views.

20. Beau

Beau

I picked this little turd up.

It has a Schwinn Whizzer tank on it. The rest is pretty much junk. It'll be a good basis for a Billetproof Racer.

No idea what it is. Looks like it had front fender and the seat was on springs originally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Small frame Bird/Penneys bike...but they widened the forks?

22. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

23. Sadly, I don't need these little guys anymore. Anyone? I have the engines, too.
    [​IMG]

24. Are those cafe style bars down that low? Your gonna need a backeotomy. :D

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Any body have a clue what this might be? I promise I'll shoot better pictures later...

Attached Files:

26. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

hahahaha. I've been seeing all these lower bars in these old pictures and thought i'd give them a try. 1/4 plate and a old set of 7/8 motorcycle bars and now i have these. Its kinda odd but should be fun. If they suck, i'll just make a taller pair, ha!

27. Looking good so far. Just busting your stones Buddy. :)

28. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

Looks an awful lot like lil indian or ruttman. That rear wheel is off of a Taco.

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! I've had a bunch of guys locally tell me that its a Lil Indian since I posted the other day. The Taco wheel is new to me though! Cool!

30. Offy

Offy

That is most diffenitly a Lil Indian but a good bit away from the basic frame has been modified.