Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Mickey Thompson Speed Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55Bomber, Dec 17, 2008.

1. al bundy

al bundy
    from bay area

blower drive ..all of it is mickey thompson [​IMG]

2. Mojo

Mojo

the only M/T stuff i've ever had is a set of ford small pattern wheels. They look like the early AR Torque Thrust, but are aluminum front/centers on steel rings. They're 14x6, and I was told they were bought in 66 for a 65 Mustang. One of them has the "M/T" logo ground down for some reason. Funny thing with them, they have to be balanced by the lugnut holes, and no one in this valley seems to know how to do that.

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Bitchin stuff

IIRC, some of the M/T patterns (intakes, etc.) were up for sale on ebay awhile back, maybe about 2 years ago. I seem to recall they weren't going for as much as I thought they might
    Anyone recall this/know who picked them up?

4. Algon

Algon

5. Algon

Algon

64 M/T and 65-68 M/T SBF covers and a 65 era breather on an overflow tank.
    M/T breathers before that have raised M/T or Thompson logos on Stellings breather castings.

Attached Files:

6. FEDER

FEDER

Ive got some old M/T alum rods for a 392, 4 I think.

Attached Files:

8. Algon

Algon

9. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Cleaning out the garage and found a set of m/t superstock legal cheater slicks.!4 inch and about 30 inches tall,8inch wide.Never run,i think they were class designated for something by the way it was written on the side wall.Never saw a 14 inch slick,why i still have them i guess.

10. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

gotta love that M/T stuff...i don't know how thay would increase speed, but these wheel centers are very kool - anyone have any like these they want to get off of?...yowzer, that oil filter would look nice on my 392 hemi...johnnyB

Attached Files:

11. Algon

Algon

What is sort of slick is that you could order those with custom lettering...

12. Justin B

Justin B

i've got a couple pairs of the no name sbc valve covers, and some other small stuff but my favorite is this early pontiac front cover, yeah it's for a boat but this thing would look bitchen front and center on an altered

Attached Files:

13. MT63AFX

MT63AFX

I bought this part in '77'. It wasn't listed in the M/T catalog and I didn't know right away it was M/T's ;).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. twofosho

twofosho

Anybody got pictures of the early Pontiac valve covers with the small Thompson logo like are on the Challenger I?

15. al bundy

al bundy
    from bay area

super early M/T valve covers with an experimental part number of double /00 [​IMG]

16. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

I now need alone time:D

17. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Anyone remember this hookup? I remember buying a lot of eng rebuild parts thru Sears in those days but don't remember speed parts availible. The catalog is 1965. Maybe we should look in the basement of some old Sears store?:D

Attached Files:

18. I bought these set of 4 Micky Thompson 16X8 [5 on 5.5"] wheels at a swap meet last year...they're in perfect condition but need a good polish job. I spent 15 minutes on this one wheel...

Attached Files:

• mt4.jpg
      mt4.jpg
      File size:
      80.5 KB
      Views:
    • mt1.JPG
      mt1.JPG
      File size:
      110.8 KB
      Views:
  19. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Send me what info you have and I'll look it up

20. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

Not all M/T parts but according to T Willy at Isky was built by Mickey in 1959.

480" Pontiac

Sold this stuff last year. With Eds blessing was building a copy of his first purpose built dragster in mid 50's. The mag was ran in the Challenger 1 in late 50's. Was never able to build car (life).

It of course was popsicle purple as he called it.

Sold internal parts to a guy with pontiac drag boat in Fresno Ca.

External parts went to Idaho to a guy w/ '40 Ford.

Isky rr7000 roller cam w/ rev kit and lifters

6 Stromberg 97's on Edelbrock 6x crossram

Early M/T ALLUMINUM rods and forged pistons

5/8" stroker crank, forged

Attached Files:

21. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Mickey Thompson 394 Olds Pistons ,these things are monsters

Attached Files:

22. The ad posted on page 2 for the M/T Pontiac HEMI is off of my web site. There is more M/T HEMI info on 3 of my site pages- history, boats and my race cars.

I got a bunch of Pontiac M/T stuff but, this is my rarest and most precious.

This is the only complete M/T Pontiac HEMI known to exist. This is not a HEMI top end, it is a complete Pontiac HEMI engine. The HEMI block was cast by Pontiac in the spring of '62 and has "M/T" cast right into it. I bought it from the original owner who bought it from Mickey in 1963. All Pontiac M/T HEMIs were blown, there were no carb intakes made.
    Heads are alum. Intake, front cover, etc is magnesium. Originally 460 inches, I have changed the stroke and it is now 421" but has the 3" main size of the 389/400.

This one of a kind engine will be on display April 4 and 5 in Phoenix at my 2 events. I plan to fire it up for the first time.
    It was originally drag raced, then went sand drag racing and then in the early 70s, went into this '72 Hondo flat bottom.
    Steve
    <DIR>Hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
    Also Hosting- Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az more info- www.pontiacheaven.org
    </DIR>

Attached Files:

23. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

What size were the pistons in that beast ?

24. Not sure if you are asking about my HEMI or someone else? The bore in the HEMI is modest by todays standards at 4.090"

Steve
    <DIR>Hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
    Also Hosting- Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az more info- www.pontiacheaven.org
    </DIR>

25. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

26. mow too much

mow too much

I agree Justin, it would look to neat for words, I love this thread, I never new M.T. was involved in so many different speed parts. A man could speed a life time collecting these parts. :D

27. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

I have a 1961-62 M/T made 421 Pontiac Super duty Dual 4 Barrel Intake. It does not have the M/T logo on in but from my research it was made for the over the counter Pontiac Manifold. Part #54299 but the part number for a manifold on a production super duty is #542991. The carbs are not correct in this picture.

Attached Files:

28. The 1964 M/T catalog is the most common. Mickey is on the cover with his new Ford HEMI engine. I have 3 of his catalongs including the late 1962 with the Challenger on the cover and an even earlier catalog from very early 1962. They are quite rare today.

Here are some Pontiac HEMI pistons. 3 views- the one on the left is an original M/T HEMI, the middle is a 70's era Arias and the one on the right is a new Ross custom forging that will be used on my front motor AA/Fueler when I switch to the M/T HEMI heads in my quest to run in the 5s.

Steve

</DIR>

Attached Files:

29. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Very nice,thanks for posting that