Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Go-Karts

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by VonMoldy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. image.jpeg First kart I had was a Bird that that I paid for with a money order. It was shipped in a big box by truck, loved it. Moved up to a Dart after that with one Mac then 2, tried nitro, blew everything a few times. Loved the karts...

2. Frustration

Frustration
    from PA

Here's a couple of my son's Comp Coupe go-kart. 8HP Briggs powered. From Above semi complete.JPG From Above semi complete.JPG Lower Salford-20120305-00055.JPG M & H Tires.JPG

2NDCHANCE, dan31, mgtstumpy and 8 others like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Nice work DAD.

4. rfraze

rfraze

Thanks Nomad. My first was a Bird kit and a fab lesson from my Dad (RIP). I learned how to dress welds. (That came in handy as I learned.) Every kid in the neighborhood drove that thing in our alley, til we started going around the block and caught the attention of Officer Friendly. We then took it out to Whizzer (north of Carrollton, Texas), where everyone whizzed by me. I bought a Simplex with a West Bend and began my "Formula 1 career" at a track in Irving. Years later, I would do one lap on the same street with an Emmick powered by two DAPs. The kids would still come over to watch and hope for a ride.
    Thanks to Art Engels, Duffy Livingston, and The Good Lord for karts.

loudbang and 55 Nomad like this.
  5. alaska2stroke

alaska2stroke

Early Caretta's were made from 1010 cold rolled , this one is a 64 with Selby mild steel.

Attached Files:

• 041.JPG
      041.JPG
      File size:
      171.9 KB
      Views:
    quick85 and loudbang like this.
  6. What was the name Tom Medley used for his vintage kart club, it was spelled backwards.

7. Thanks Brian, just couldnt remember and a search showed nothing.

8. Not a vintage kart but a 450 Honda powered Kart I built for my son in the early 80's man what a ride!!
    mikes go kart.JPG

gas & guns likes this.
  9. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Tihsepa Kart Klub (named in honor of Duffy Livingstone's Tihsepa Eliminator model T). Though we lost Tom Medley, and Randy Holt, the four remaining members (Gary Medley,Bruce, George, and myself) are still at it.

jnaki and chainsaw like this.
  10. Bellytanker

Bellytanker
    from California

I have had this hanging in my garage for years, and just thought of posting some pictures of it. Just looked at the lineups again for the first time in probably 50 years and noted the name of "Eli Vukovich". The memorial stadium in Fresno at the time of this race, was memorializing Billy Vukovich I think. Can't trust my memory any more, but thats what I think. IMG_0180.JPG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0182.JPG IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0180.JPG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0182.JPG IMG_0183.JPG

loudbang likes this.
  11. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

My grandmother in 1961; Medford Oregon....she was a wild one!:) 2016-03-28 15.19.30.jpg 2016-03-28 15.14.08.jpg

12. rfraze

rfraze

13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Does anyone have an idea of what a one-owner Fox go kart is worth? No motor but set up for West B end engine. In storage since early 60s. Original slicks, mags, satellite seat, aluminum tank, etc.

No pictures yet, but it looks a lot like the Fox cart in post #210. Same blue color, but with solid split mags.

There is a nice restored Fox in post #269. It's the restored blue one with two motors. Same tank as the kart in question.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  14. Like they say pictures or it does not exist . Just kidding. Those are my karts on post 269. A few years ago it could have been worth a fair amount of cash . Lately, the market has not been that good . I bought one for 500.00 and an other for 265.00 . Pictures make it easier to guess price. The wheels are a big deal . If they are the Lemans wheels and not chipped or broken . Then that is a plus . Last year a fellow had a hard time selling a nice McCulloch kart with dual Mc20 motors for 2500.00 . This kart was nice and McCulloch karts are highly desired . I guess if you want it bad enough , it is worth what ever you want to pay for it. If you are going to flip it , don't expect to make a lot of money unless it is pristeen .

stillrunners likes this.
  15. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

What are the LeMans wheels?

Yes, I will post pictures once I am able to get them.

16. First if you want to increase the value of the kart . Pull that 4 stroke motor off it ..

Go over to www.vintagekarts.com , register and post it for sale . You can always use ebay .

Weld Splatter likes this.
  17. markl350

markl350

18. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
  19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

20. I tried to register on that vintagekart site, but no luck of getting a response.
    I picked this up a few months ago, just wondering if anyone knows what it is? I know the briggs isn't correct. Kinda would like to restore it back to orginal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

(In my nicest tone of voice)
    If you submitted a photo of it; that may be why no response, that is kinda scary.
    I would like to think that those front and rear bumper mounts would be removed during the restoration. I'd bet it would probably not be used for more than just low speed kids fun, but those mounts could still hurt someone.
    I raced shifter karts in the early eighties when they were just starting and did some tech-ins also so I saw some questionable stuff being screwed together.
    Had a few mishaps too so I know how quickly things can go badly, still have scars from getting nerfed.

22. tried to get on the site, wouldn't let me register.
    Yes, i know it's kinda scary, that's why i'm looking for info of what it is, so i can fix what someone screwed up

loudbang likes this.
  23. loudbang

loudbang

Frame builder master Kent Fuller. The MagiCart with Fuller demonstrating his driving skills. Fuller built the MagiCart to ride on two wheels. "The inside of the track was always rough, so I built the chassis so it would lift the inside wheels on a turn, I could pass anyone on the inside of corners, won many races."

MagiCart.jpg

1947knuck and Stebo27 like this.
  24. Too new to be vintage, but just got this one. 86 Emmick express with kt100. [​IMG]

Stebo27 and loudbang like this.
  25. 55reasons

55reasons

IMG_3459.JPG I found this cart in the woods behind a friends house in Virginia the other day.

Does anyone know anything about it?

loudbang likes this.
  26. 55reasons

55reasons

IMG_3457.JPG IMG_3461.JPG

loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  27. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

A few pics from the olden days, around 1973/74..........

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  28. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Go-Kart Margay race cart.jpg Go-Kart racing.jpg Go-Kart.jpg ][/ATTACH] =full]3523372[/ATTACH] View attachment 3523373 Cart is a Margay, Mac racing engine. Pics are from 1973/74.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  29. zooming46

zooming46

Looking for a rear sprocket assembly (60 or 72 tooth) for a Simplex Mark II Go Kart. A useable sprocket would be great but I can also use a sprocket with worn teeth, I can use the hub.

Thanks for your help.