Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Vintage front wheels, post pic's here.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kiwi Kev, May 14, 2006.

1. convict

convict
    from laredo,tx

Does anyone know how much those America racing spindle mount 12 spike rims go for??

2. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

15 x 4 Crestlines,going to try them on my 55

Attached Files:

rumblegutz likes this.
  3. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

Nice!

Did you get rid of all the willys?

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Well,,, we're waiting.... It's been 2 1/2 hours, we shoulda had pics by now!

5. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

Sold black 40 w/41 nose,it is still around area but is now candy apple red,looks killer,sold 33 coupe project,still have black primed coupe in avatar and recently got nice 38 coupe,had to have another 37-8 coupe,was having Willys withdrawal sickness

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Don't know the seller but I live close enough if someone is interested. Sounds like a lot of lettuce...

[​IMG]

7. Saw these at the GNRS on the A tub From Australia. Are these Aussie made? Nice wheels and damn cool car.

[​IMG]

8. ...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, they are a little bit different than the 12 spokes I'm used to seeing. Yeah, that A tub was something! Full on bad ass hot rod/show rod.

Steering wheel was on the wrong side though....kind of embarrassing really...
    hahahaa

10. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

I just picked up a pair of 16" by 3 1/2 Aluminum Skinnies.Was told that they are Harley davison motor cycle wheels. The hubs were machined off and a chevy bolt pattern added.Both sides look the same.

Attached Files:

11. alchemy

alchemy

Those Harley wheels are actually pretty neat looking. Looks like something Pinkee's Rod Shop would create.

12. Huh! Now this is interesting!

13. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

Here is another set of 6 window magnesium 15 by 5" . Not sure who made them, Was told halibrand?

Attached Files:

14. I have wanted to do a set of these for a long time - cool to see someone actually do it!!
    [​IMG]

Steve

15. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Pretty sure those are Nance wheels.

16. Piper106

Piper106

+2 I like the wheels. The tires are interesting too. With the square shoulder they look like car tires, not motorcycle tires. Wonder what they are???

17. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

Here are what mine looked like before and after.They were already smoothed out and just needed polished.And they look better than the camera shows,it's hard to get a good picture of them they look like a mirror...

Steve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Any chance you want to sell?

Steve

19. I didn't know those Harley wheels were solid, I looked at a set of those for my bike to get that aluminum slot look but were different axle diameter.

20. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

These were on my '27 when I got it.
    They are no longer there, can't have front brakes with them.

Attached Files:

21. Wait till your wife finds out you put those dirty old wheels on her good table!!:rolleyes::)

22. Church Key

Church Key

Your wheels look great...Could you explain how you polished them. I have set that has the smooth finish, but look like your before pictures.

23. chopt31

chopt31

here are my fronts fenton's

Attached Files:

24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

These popped up on CL. Unfortunately the don't match or I probably would have grabbed them, put some trim rings and caps on 'em. Aluminum space saver wheels are now the norm?

[​IMG]

25. Wow! Those are awesome Steve! You must have spent many hours bringing them back to life.

And LOOK, they're not Poser Wheels! :eek: ;) :D

26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nothing to get excited about. I bought some Keystone spokes recently and thrown in the deal were two 13" slots. What's unusual is they are 5 lug, and as you can see were drilled on a casting designed for a 4 lug. 13" 5 lugs are probably uncommon, no? Guy had em on an early Mustang.

[​IMG]

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am looking for pics of a Shelby Slot centercap if any of you guys have one. I am also looking for pics of a superior 5 spoke centercap, It looks like it slips over the outside. The wheels look kinda of like a 5 spoke American

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Bump for the morning crowd. Please help me find out which centers they take. If you have some of them give me a yell maybe we could do some trading.

29. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Cool! I'm thinking old VW pattern or Ford wide 5 pattern? I see they are raised a bit in the center, would probably still be strong enough out in the thinner material as there would be much less flex anyway. Looks like space saver tires?

30. Bump this great thread back up.