Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage fire truck, 32 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by AeroMonte, Apr 12, 2020.

1. AeroMonte

AeroMonte

Hi everybody. Been awhile since I've posted but wanted to show you the cool old 32 Chevy Fire tanker truck I just got. It came from southeast Kansas. Any info on these would be great. I'm thinking it will make a cool hot rod. I know the hood says it's a 33 but the title says 32 and it matches the truck so...show me some of your vintage fire trucks

Attached Files:

• Ed.jpg
      Ed.jpg
      File size:
      138.1 KB
      Views:
    • f8.jpg
      f8.jpg
      File size:
      108.4 KB
      Views:
    • f1.jpg
      f1.jpg
      File size:
      137.8 KB
      Views:
    • f4.jpg
      f4.jpg
      File size:
      103.3 KB
      Views:
    • f9.jpg
      f9.jpg
      File size:
      128.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Retired 1972 Mack CF600 - Repurposed Vehicle/Equipment Hauler. 1963 Home 3.jpg
    Off loading 1963 Plymouth (Max Wedge) Sport Fury Super Stock Mack 67.jpg
    Off loading 1928 Ford AA Flat Bed Truck.

3. Those are both cool trucks
    What’s the plan with the fire truck?

4. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

The front mount pump says pumper to me rather than tanker. Big difference.
    Tankers typically transported water in areas not supported by fire hydrants and pumpers were essentially mobile pumps. Pumps were usually positioned mid ship and PTO driven or in front driven off the crank.
    Count on about 45 MPH tops.
    Members of SPAMMFAA ( Society For The Preservation and Appreciation of Antique Fire Apparatus in America) may be interested in the pump if you decide not to restore the truck.

I have several rolls of obsolete and /or damaged 1 1/2" hose and 1 roll of 2 1/2" hose you can have free if you want it. It is not 30s vintage however and not suitable for fire fighting. John

5. I can't believe that I am saying it but I wouldn't "hot rod" that firetruck. It would be nice to get it running and driving just like it is.