Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Drums

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by LBCD, Jan 25, 2019.

1. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just wanted to see this thread “stick” around! This is the only unbroken pair , I have left from my hard hittn’ rock band days ; back in the 70’s : 33C26BE0-176F-4960-ABA9-A45ABF9E2165.jpeg

Kan Kustom, LBCD, Jimmy and 1 other person like this.
  2. ^^^^^
    Easy there.....

3. LBCD

LBCD

I was gifted my cousins kit this past Xmas that was in his sisters garage just collecting dust. He sadly passed away in 02 at 32 years old but loved to drum, it runs in the family as both my brothers also play the drums professionally.
    This kit is made up of a 20” and 12” Ludwig [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]in a yellowed silver sparkle and a rare Walberg & Auge 14” floor Tom. The snare is a 70’s Pearl Ultratone. Going to restore them but hoping to save the wrap, polish them up and new heads.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020 at 3:24 PM
  4. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Play them in his honor.

LBCD likes this.
  5. quick85

quick85

Reading of the passing of Neil Peart (January 7) made me think of when he appeared
    on David Letterman's "Drum Solo Week". Then, seeing the Gene Krupa clip above, I
    wanted to compare the two. Not really a comparison I guess, but I got a bigger kick
    from Krupa. In case you're interested, here's the Peart - Letterman clip...

LBCD likes this.
  6. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I’m building out of pieces a Club Date/ Jazzette style kit for my 7 year old daughter. 17, 14, 12 and 14 jazzfest snare. I’m making maple hoops for the 17 kick that was a marching band tenor.
    All shells are 65-67.
    IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_9972.JPG
    IMG_9954.JPG
    The snare and 12 I have to re-wrap to match the sparkle. I need a baseball bat muffler for the snare still and correct style throw off. I got a round knob mflr to stick in the bass.
    The 14 was a snare, I’ve almost got all the correct straight leg mounts so it can begin a new life as floor tom. I’m filling the snare beds, and putting fresh bearing edges on all shells. The 12 was ruff but cheap and the hardware cleaned up well.
    All of this is to have a cool vintage kit that sounds good but not too loud in the house.

LBCD and bowie like this.
  7. LBCD

LBCD

That’s going to be a cool kit! I built my kid a Keller kit...he gave up on the drums long ago but picked up a guitar and he is getting pretty good...likes jazz , the blues and Johnny Marr.

Runnin shine likes this.