Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Vintage car auction ONLINE blow out LOW?$$$$ Minnesota

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paperdog, May 8, 2011.

1. IF THIS LINK HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE OR IS NOT PROPER PLEASE REMOVE IT
    ATTENTION LOCAL MINN AND TRISATATE
    I HAVE NO CONNECTION OR AFFILIATION TO THIS EVENT
    I JUST REVIEWED THESE CARS ON A ONLINE AUCTION TODAY ...
    LOTS OF NEAT STUFF
    I AM NOT BIDDING
    SORRY TO THOSE THAT THOUGHT IT WAS A SECRET:rolleyes: TITUS???

LOOK FOR
    34 DESOTO
    34 FORD TRUCK
    40 MERC
    40 FORD
    STUDES 50'S FORDS AND MORE

GOOD LUCK

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=36293

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. Some pics
    PRICES SEEM LOW WITH A FEW DAYS TO GO

Attached Files:

3. Woody 51?

Attached Files:

4. any body been here before this sale was scheduled ?

5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Bill's was well known.A few people got in to pick it before this auction;)
    Cars for the most part are pretty rough if they were the outside cars.
    A couple of salvage yard gleaned through a lot of cars and parts last fall.
    Still a week to go on the auctions and my guess prices will pick up

6. I bid on a couple from this site down in s. minn last fall-- the auction opened at noon and was closed by 15 mins past.. no reason given. My hunch is some one came through and offered scrap prices for the whole shooting works and they closed it.. really pissed me off royally-- and I do mean they closed it- no cars sold to any of the bidders that I know of

7. bobw

bobw

I went through the yard in the early spring and knew Bill way back in the late 50's. He thought he had a gold mine there but the cars have suffered from exposure. The family also thought they were going to get lots of money for the cars and have since learned that isn't likely to happen. A number of tri-5 Chevys were sold last year as a group. The guys I was with bought a few loose parts at very fair prices but at that time a family member said they were holding all the cars for this auction. I would advise caution in bidding very much money without actually seeing the vehicles in person. Minnesota is not a dry, western state.
    I want the family to get fair value for what they have as I have fond memories of Bill selling me (a teenager at the time) a modifed flathead for little money before he was in the used auto parts business.

8. musta been that darn river that kept me from finding this place years ago ... streets and avenues named by a drunk named pigs eye ...
    .there were trolls under the bridges too ...

9. titus

titus

I never kept anything like this a secret!

ive never even been there, heard stories that he was hi priced!

jeff

10. HEY I WAS NOT ACCUSING YOU JUST FIGGERED IT WAS IN YOUR SEARCH AREA BASE
    SOME ONE ELSE FROM AROUND HERE MUST BEEN BUYING THERE YA THINK:rolleyes:

... SEE YA THIS WEEK END ...

11. titus

titus

I know you werent:D

12. titus

titus

just got back from there.

theres some rough stuff, not much for floors left in any of the cars, if your thinking about bidding be carefull, take what shape you think its in and think its twice as bad as that!

13. These auctioneers could have done a little more homework to identify the cars.
    Lot 143 year unknown can only be a 1941 Ford
    Lot 144 year unknown can only be a 1939 Mercury
    and that's just two cars that i like :)

14. ssshhh don't tell em wink wink wink

15. thanks
    so what are ya gonna get ?

16. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

As a added bonus read the fine print.
    There is a $20 Highway improvement tax on every vehicle sold.Titled or not.
    There is a $75.00 documentation fee for a Bill of Sale and a form about bonding a title.Applies to all vehicles sold with no title
    There is a 10% buyers premium.
    Add those numbers up when deciding what to bid.

17. titus

titus

wheres it talk about the $75 document fee? and the 10% buyers fee? i thought i seen the buyers fee before but not the document fee.

INSPECTION: Thursday and Friday, May 12 and 13 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Payment by cash, check, credit card or wire transfer is required within 48 hours of conclusion of auction. A 4% convenience fee will be added to credit card purchases. A $20.00 fee will be charged on all wire transfers. Items not paid for within the required time will be charged to your credit card on file with proxibid. Items with titles or registrations will be charged additional title document, transfer and registration fees. Payment for items can be made at the time of pick up. NOTE: A 20.00 TRANSIT IMPROVEMENT TAX APPLIES TO ALL VEHICLES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE TITLED. Buyer is responsible for removing purchases from auction site and arranging for any shipping. The auction company does not provide shipping. If you are sending a shipper or freight truck to pick up your purchases, the shipper/freighter is also responsible for packing your purchases. Items must be removed from the auction site on Tuesday, May 17 from 12:00 noon to 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Thursday, May 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Purchases can be paid for at the time of pick up. ADDITIONAL NOTE: CRUSHING, SHEARING AND TORCHING OF ANY ITEMS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT THE AUCTION SITE. Title bonding information can be found on our website at www.faheysales.com. HEAVY TRUCKS: Any Vehicles over 10,000 lbs, please use the following directions: From US 61/ 10 Take the 70th ST./ Summit exit Right on Summit, then right on ST. Paul Park Ave., then cross over RR Tracks, then right on 7th Ave. to property. First Place on right side of road. All Heavy trucks must take this direction.

18. look like they will get scrapping prices now ...

19. just went thru the whole list found this

is it a 40 ford /vw hood conversion?

Attached Files:

• 889.jpg
      889.jpg
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  20. <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="aiLeftSideBorder">INTERNET BUYER'S PREMIUM</td> <td class="aiRightSideBorder">10% Please Read Payment Instructions!</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="aiLeftSideBorder">STATE SALES TAX</td> <td class="aiRightSideBorder">7.125%</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="aiLeftSideBorder">PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS</td> <td class="aiRightSideBorder">Payment by cash, check, credit card or wire transfer is required within 48 hours of conclusion of auction. A 4% convenience fee will be added to credit card purchases. A $20.00 fee will be charged on all wire transfers. Items not paid for within the required time will be charged to your credit card on file with proxibid. Items with titles or registrations will be charged additional title document, transfer and registration fees. Payment for items can be made at the time of pick up. NOTE: A 20.00 TRANSIT IMPROVEMENT TAX APPLIES TO ALL VEHICLES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE TITLED. Title bonding information can be found on our website at www.faheysales.com. Purchases can be paid for at the time of pick up. Loading will be available during scheduled check out hours. ADDITIONAL NOTE: CRUSHING, SHEARING AND TORCHING OF ANY ITEMS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT THE AUCTION SITE. </td></tr></tbody></table>

I find it interesting that most of the cars are being bid on by Hawgman. I'm thinkin he's looking a scrap value only.

21. we all whine a bit when a yard closes .(on here any way).. but man o man where would all this stuff go to.. and really , really what value does the majority of this listing add up to?

sure items could be resold but having to store and accuratly inventory ... just the "good items" would eat profits quickly ..
    it would take quite a warehouse and staff a long time to ID, LOG the whole "MESS" of salvageable items ..
    sad tho these era/vintage places are gonna be gone soon

yup... I could buy up some tin or engine blocks and speculate future profit... geeze I just ain't got the room

I MUST HAVE FINALLY HIT MY LIMIT SOMEONE WRITE THIS DATE DOWN and remind me about it when I indulge again

22. havi

havi

Dang, the secret's out, lol.

Certainly some stuff there worth going to get.

And as mentioned, it's kinda sad to see any scrappers outbidding the enthusiasts. I've got my eye on that Ford F4, and Hawgman has it at $300.

That '41 Ford 2dr sedan would be nice, too. And that '57 F250 big back window, and...

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  23. tar6569

tar6569

Can anyone get in and inspect cars for condition?

24. I think I'm in love with Lot 327

25. titus was there fri?

26. havi

havi

No, it's not.:(

Lot #9619, can anyone verify these are Ford 4sp top loaders? I need one for my '62 Fairlane.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  27. titus

titus

Ill make sure i remind you of this at roadsters swap this year, ill just give you some $$ and you can shop for me!

Inspection was thursday and friday

29. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I'm helping the family out, I probably overbid on the car I want. Add to that the $175 in gas it's going to cost to go get it. All the added fees and taxes are a pain but what are you going to do? With the help of partsdawg and bobw, two guys who I've never met and who were kind enough to volunteer to send me very detailed pictures of the car I'm interested in when they went to the inspection last week, I feel confident enough to think I'll be able to get my money back, or at least come close by selling parts I don't need and taking the rest in for scrap. That's a lot better than seeing a bunch of cars chained on top of a flatbed going directly to the scrap yard.

I might be overbidding but the parts I'm hoping to get are getting harder to find. If I was to buy them off of eBay I could rack up $200 in shipping charges alone. I'll take my youngest with me and we'll have a road trip. Instead of UPS getting the money we'll be enjoying it.

30. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I bought 2 cars.Lord help me.