Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage Bonneville car pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dean Lowe, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Summers Brothers Goldenrod being worked on in a hanger at Wendover Field, 1965 ...........

Bob Summers .....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aerial view of Goldenrod preparing for its run .........
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

awesome shots of the goldenrod...

3. Love the shots in the hangar. The driver himself is working on the car. You don't see that on many LSR cars anymore.

4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

WOW....just found this thread and went through all 17 pages....fantastic images on here!.....Thanks to all who have posted......!

5. SulphuriousSam

SulphuriousSam

This is one seriously awesome thread. Thanks for posting up all these great pics! More, more, more... :)

6. Toby, I don't know where you're finding these pics, but keep it up man, they're awesome!!! Exactly what I was hoping to see when I started this thread.

7. inline 292

inline 292

Great shots, Toby. Thanks for sharing. The trailers & push vehicles are every bit as interesting too.

8. drofrockology

drofrockology
    from Reno, NV

thanks for your efforts, toby!

9. Back in the days when you could drink and drive ... :D:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I apologize for most of these photos being in such a large format. It would take me forever to resize them to fit everyone's monitor. Besides, I figured there would be a lot of you who wouldn't mind seeing added detail from the larger files. :)

11. Cub8556

Cub8556

Looks like my computer now has enough wallpapers to last me a few years! a big thanks for posting these pics

12. Great shot of Ak and the first "Cobra".Few people know that Ak took an AC Ace roadster and stuffed a 260 Ford V8 in it fully a year before Mr. Shelby took credit for creating the Cobra.

[​IMG]

13. Toby Denham - Great stuff! ... Thanks for posting them here!

Toby found them elsewhere on the Internet ... for example, all of the pics he posted on page 18 came from the "Old Bonneville Pictures" thread on the landracing.com forum (i.e., they are pics posted by members of that forum and are hosted on that site).

14. ^^^ Bingo! ^^^ There's a lot of stuff over there on that forum. I've been sorting through those photos as well as some from other sources and trying to compile them here. For the record, I take no credit for these photos, but I am hand picking them. I thought this thread would benefit from them. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  15. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Utah 10 and Utah 8. Respectfully. These were part of Luigi Colani's Automorrow efforts back in the 80's. Small displacement and electric power.

Attached Files: