Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage BB/FC barracuda funny car - info needed - help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1939STREETROD, Jun 17, 2012.

1. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

ok, i came across a BB/FC funny car body - barracuda body - it was called 'bad cuda' ....Stephens bros on the side....driver wild bill howry...i think it was raced in the virginia area back in the 70's...any info would be appreciated - pics too!...my friend bob chipper ran in this class also with his award winning vega funny cars - rip, chip....thanks! johnnyB

Attached Files:

2. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

ok, my info was somewhat incorrect - this funny car was from the st. louis area...it was called RAT CUDA....any other info would be appreciated - pics?....someone muct have seen this car run in the BB/FC class!!!!

3. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

man, i thought some old hamber would know something? about this funny car...where are all the old racers ?????

4. Check out the Nostalgia Funny Car board;they may be able to help. Another source would be a St. Louis-area dragstrip page on Facebook. Good Luck!

5. catman

catman
    from El Reno

loooooong shot here, I know a "Bill Howry" he lives here in OKc, sells big trucks at rush peterbilt in OKC contact him there and see if he's the one...

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

did you buy this body? can you get pics of the whole thing, Sides front ,back so on and so on Tim Jones

7. Not that much of a long shot. Google Bill howry drag racing and a number of results come up and list him as from Oklahoma City and was Big Dawg motorsports

8. Also looks like it was called Rat Attack and was chevy powered

9. Stephens Brothers Racing owns and operates Hallet Motor Racing Circuit just west of Tulsa, Oklahoma,

got to love google

10. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

my search efforts started with the HAMB - this is why, and for good reason - thanks for all the help - computers in/out of carz scare me - i am old school all the way!....my friend ben in virginia owns the body and can probably get you some complete pics - it is still for sale - i thought about it for something to build around my old 392 hemi, but today i bought a 1960 dodge dart - REAL barn find - 2drht too!...i will email him to get on the HAMB and let him contact you.

Attached Files:

11. Texas Mopars

Texas Mopars
    from Texas

I'm surprized the 65 and older police didn't shut you down on this! I asked questions about an early hemi swap into an E body and got treated like a step child. I saw some older pics of Bad Cuda on one of the Mopar freindly forums a while back but my rusty brain can't telly you which one at the moment. If it comes to me I'll PM