Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage approach, new car, DEAD car company.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Conder, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conder

Conder

Attached Files:

2. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Damn, it's the 60's all over again

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER

I don't personally think it's O/T but I don't run this place. It is the early concept and that makes it exceptionally appropriate to our main topics. I agree that the other's need to follow suit and I think Ford is.

4. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

5. Chrysler, take a lesson from Ford with the Mustang LX. Stripper with a killer drivetrain. Cheap and they sold tons of em'.

6. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

No, actually they don't get it.

Because those low volume boutique cars are not available to the everyman. Unless you're connected and/or willing to pay 2x sticker, you can't get one.

It's a PR program. Not a race program or giving the customers what they want.

7. The Challenger is cool but it's a bloated pig. So's the Mustang GT and Shelby. I like both of them but they are so over weight. The Corvette weighs the same as my Mazda.
    The LX was a great car. I had an 89 hatchback. The coupes were real terrors.
    My Mazdaspeed 3 is fast, fun, practical, economical. Handles like a slot car and cost less than 22,000. A home run in my book.
    I'm glad Fords not on the ropes. The new Mustang is one of the new cars that gets my attention everytime I see one. I think they've done pretty well keeping the breed alive.
    I hope all the American carmakers come out of this but it's hard to feel sorry for the dopes.

8. Hardly a Mustang LX-- it's 30K +.
    Plus, it's a big ugly bar of soap with a challenger fascia pasted on the front and rear.
    blugh.

9. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yep, awesome sleepers....no silly wings, spoilers or aero-effects. The Highway Patrol lubb'd 'em!!

10. I bought my LX the same year the Minnesota Hiway Patrol started using them. It was dark blue. Pretty stealthy but it was a hatch. The cops had notch backs. It was amazing how many people would hit the binders or not pass me until they figured out I wasn't the law. It was a 5 spd with the higher rear gears. 3:27's I think. fun car.

11. I'm not a Ford guy, but I love my 5.0 LX convertible. ;)
    The Cobra Jets and Challengers are really cool to "dream about", but when you're looking at $60-80K from the dealer, then whatever you choose to do with it, it's kinda out of the reach of the average joe.

It is cool that they are spending money on such a frivilous project though. And new factory musclecar wars... whodathunkit? :)

JK

12. metalshapes

metalshapes
    Tech Editor

They're still latemodels...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.