Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Vintage Air sure-fit for 55 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatmotor40, Apr 26, 2017.

1. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Putting a sure-fit in my 55 Chevy and can't get the hard lines from unit to go out of where the org blower motor went.Been calling tech support since last Fri but not getting it right yet.Has anyone put one in Their 55 .Just asking for so help to get this finished.Thanks

2. Sure fit not always a sure thing.
    Sometimes you just got to get out the grinder and make changes. A good idea is to assemble the entire unit and check the fit. If you can come up with a way to run the blower and seal off the outlets, then you will have a good idea as to where, if any, connections are loose. Or areas that might let in hot/cold air from outside the car. Not something I did, but will do next time I install an HVAC.

3. Only done one on a 55. Had no issues. That being said they offer a newer style ac hose that is much more flexible. I'm sure you have doubled checked the mounting instructions. Did you order direst from va.

4. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

The hard lines they sent with the kit were the wrong ones.Suppose to be the right ones on the way.Nothing fits every car like it suppose to.Sent them pics and they will get it right Thanks

5. southcross2631

southcross2631

Did a 57 and it sorta fit. Not exact, but not bad. Like all of the aftermarket some better than others.

6. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Nothing fits exact anymore.