Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Vintage '32 Ford 5-window Identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slammed58buick, May 9, 2012.

1. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

I have often wondered about this car and have tried to trace some of it's history but have had no luck. These pictures were taken by my Grandfather at Great Bend, Kansas in 1955 at the first NHRA nationals. My Grandfather seems to think that this car was from back east. I have looked in magazines for images of the car, but haven't been able to turn up anything. So I thought I would see if anyone on here knows anything about it. Thanks for all your help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I have a friend local here in salina that raced there, that had a 32 5 window. Thats for sure NOT his car, but may remember it.

3. I have previously posted an article on that 5w from Hot Rod magazine from around 1957, 1958. Can't seem the find the damn thing.

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Nice find Jimmy! good stuff...

5. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Once again, the HAMB rules! Very cool to see slammed58 get quick results.

6. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

Thanks everyone for your help. Viva la HAMB! Does anyone know if this car is still in existence?

7. titus

titus

I was thinking i recognized the hood bulges from somehwere. I have the above magazine too.