Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vin tags ECT....INSURANCE!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoodanny, May 16, 2010.

  1. tattoodanny
    Joined: Mar 27, 2010
    Posts: 19


    Been dealing with old cars and the perverbial "Lost" title game for many years. Usually titles and regestrations, vin tags are easy to obtain. The small town advice is good. Especially if you can go in and act like you really need and appreciate their help.
    My last little t-bucket was way easy to get titled here in Wyoming. What many people dont understand is Insurance. If I had a "Builders title" rather han a title for a 23 ford, I might not have been able to afford to insure the thing. The insurance companies seem to be very particular about any suspension modifications, so... naturally mine had none, he he.
    I probably would have kept it if it were'nt for the 350/350 that was in it. good driver, dependable, powerful and stupid fast, but boring. Needed a flat motor or a nailhead, different is good, it did have a very different stance than most. See my picture
    I'm doing a chevy 47 sedan delivery (fishing car) all original except for the 6=8 261 thats going to power it. $20 for license w/sales tax and $28.00 6 months insurance. Was told by a good friend of mine to use "Dello 400" 15-40 motor oil for my flat tappet motor.
    "I'm older and I have more insurance"
  2. And this rambling post was brought to you by...

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2013 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.