Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Vin search question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DonV, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Is there a way to search for the history of an old vehicle (50's) with the vin number?

2. squirrel

squirrel

Not really.

rustynewyorker likes this.
  3. Used to be fairly easy. Now a' days, not as much so. Some can get an in....so to speak......but most of the time, unless the documentation exists in hand....it's near impossible for the most of us.

Back not too long ago....the voice at the end of the phone would walk back to the microfiche for you....for a fee. I complained about that.....I would gladly do so today.....pay twice the fee maybe... if I could be so lucky. I never knew the world would change.....but it sure did...didn't it ?

4. Shamus

Shamus
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

NC offers to search all info on NC cars for I believe $10.00. They sent me all info from the 1st owner in Texas thru florida to NC on my '70 Chevelle convertible & NC to VA back to NC on my '68 Chevelle SS. Copies on the '70 weren't great but readable.

5. txturbo

txturbo

its not a VIN number......and they cant really give you any details anymore because of privacy laws.

6. its a V.I.N., (vehicle identification NUMBER), anything without a 17 digit VIN cannot be searched on the web.

7. my issue with a 1950 DMV issued plate....

8. States called them a VIN before you had all the federal nonsense.