Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viewing photos just got "strange" - FYI IT guys!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by gnichols, Nov 27, 2013.

1. I'm still using IE 9 and was having this issue. I reset IE to clear up other problems caused by spy ware and the image problem here went away.

2. Gerg

Gerg

I can replicate the issue with windows 8 pro IE 11

To view a photo I have to click it once open close it open it again.

And no clearing cookies virus scans spyware scans aren't going to help me out on this computer.

3. Thanks for all of the help, Gerg. I think you have narrowed the problem down to Nov. change to Internet Explorer. I'll try that transfer of favorites to Google Chrome. Many, many thanks................................Don.

4. ................and thanks to everyone else who has contributed to this thread.

5. There's apparently been some pretty big changes made to the newer versions of IE, like versions 11 and 12. Some of the software we use at work that is closely tied to IE doesn't "play well" with the newer versions.

We've had to uninstall IE 10 and IE 11 from a few machines and reinstall the older versions. Then we've had to change some of Window's settings so that it doesn't automatically keep on updating itself and installing the newer versions of IE.

6. It definitely IE related as I have the same issue when using IE and no problems when using Chrome.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

internet explorer on all of them

8. Model T1

Model T1

I was temporarily brain dead. I had been using IE Exp and switched back to Firefox because I E seemed to freeze up at times.
    Firefox seems to be doing okay so I'm not about to fix anything. Computers scare me almost as much as women do!:rolleyes:

9. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Yes, exactly. I use IE and Windows 7, and haven't changed a thing on my system. Once the timer icon stops I left click on the pic and it opens.

10. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I notice that if you scroll threw the full set of pictures they will appear on the second pass

11. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

Any solution on this problem except changing browser??I have always used IE and wan´t to continue with that.

12. Rem

Rem

Same here - definitely a problem when viewing in IE, and I get the same on the Jockey Journal. And as it's a work PC/laptop I have no option on which browser - I guess it's just "tough shit" now apparently everyone is mobile.

13. If you can't download a different browser to your laptop, you might give this a try if you have a flash drive and an open USB port.

http://download.cnet.com/Mozilla-Firefox-Portable/3000-2356_4-10437430.html

This is a portable version of Firefox that will open and run from your flash drive without disturbing the browser on your laptop. Seems to work as good as the full version of Firefox as far as I can tell. :cool:

14. Rem

Rem

Thanks, might give that a try, but it does piss me off that someone as supposedly big in their field as Vbulletin can't make their product work with, rightly or wrongly, one of the most widely used browsers out there.

15. That does seem strange. I'm still running WinXP so IE8 is the newest version I can use. It still works OK on here and nearly any other site for that matter. Of cousre they're also poking around on here and preparing for a site upgrade so that might might also make things a little wonky sometimes.

But more and more frequently I'm running into messages from some sites that inform me that I'm usung an "outdated" browser and suggest updating IE or switching to Firefox or Chrome to "enjoy all the new benefits and features" that their site offers. Which I figure means more site tracking and distracting, blinking ads. So occasionally I switch browsers for a while and try Firefox, Safari or Torch.