Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Video: The Wade Coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Nov 15, 2010.

1. -Brent-

-Brent-

Awesome, Bass. I was surprised to see that you didn't need to narrow the new header and lower piece to fit.

You've upped the standard for a build thread, for sure.

2. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

I love the I beam them and the welding

3. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Part 3 is up. I think it's still compressing or whatever...so if you have trouble watching it, you might try double-clicking the embedded video to watch it on the YouTube page.

Also, in case you haven't noticed...each video starts with the same intro.

Shoot, I feel like I learn something new every day! I hope I'm getting better, and to be honest, I feel like I'm constantly improving.

This car has been quite an undertaking so far, and I hope it turns out as good as I think it will. I don't know if this is the build that will be my "signature", so to speak...but it might be. Since I'm only 33, I hope I've still got quite a few more hot rods ahead of me.

4. I hope you have about 100 of those videos to post cause I got a lot to learn. A video on your TIG technique would be greatly appreciated (probably by many).

5. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Yep, the '33-34 stuff fit the '30-31 body amazingly well.

6. patman

patman

Amazing video, thanks so much for taking the time to put that together. Very inspiring stuff.

But...where's the part when you show up late to work and have a shouting match with your father? Or where you have a deadline coming up but you take the staff out to race go karts or something?

Oh wait...I didn't miss that stuff. Nevermind.

bengeltiger likes this.
  7. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Awsome work. Also the video's are great.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  8. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

This is my favorite build on here and now there is video.
    Awesome craftsmanship.
    You,my friend,are a bad ass.

9. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

Wow! I subscribed to this awesome thread!

10. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

There's a lot more coming...I'm pretty sure Stephen is planning on having part 4 uploaded by tonight.

I know there's some coverage of sheetmetal welding coming up in the next few parts. My welding technique is entirely different for anything thicker than 16 ga., however.

11. Part 3 is good Brian. Like Brent said it is amazing how well the parts are morphing together.

Two words though, GUN MUFFS. A journeyman carpenter pal of mine got me started on hearing protection 20 years ago. I keep em all over the shop. You can kinda talk to our 55 year old deaf mechanic if you want input.

12. Every once in a while a thread comes on here and blows me away.....your work is awsome, but to be good enough to do it in front of a camera, inspirational. Thank you for taking the time!

13. I can't wait to see this coupe ripping around town. As usual, very nice work Brian.

14. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Great stuff Brian, thanks for posting

15. Rusty

Rusty

Man this is too cool!!!! Finally some video footage that has we wanting to see the next segment, Looking forward to part 4, great work as always, nice to see it all cut apart and going back together, good stuff

16. rustymetal

rustymetal

yes sir i think you should have your own T.V. show thanks for your time

17. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

You my friend could post a 10 min. show on here everyday and not have to worry about being cancelled like a T.V. show.....thanks for taking the time to show your skills, I'll be waiting for the next episodes, until then, I feel the urge to go to the shop and cut something up. Scott

18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Watch out! I think they are looking for something to replace deadliest catch and Choppers. If they come see you get cash.

19. Brian Bass (& Stephen Hibbs) - Great stuff! ... thanks for sharing! ... eagerly awaiting Part 4!

20. My thoughts exactly. I'd watch it every day....possibly several times......

21. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

This is one bad ass build!! I want a A coupe on 32 rails so bad and this just makes it that much worse!! Keep the post coming! I have already subscribed.....

Mac

22. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

WHAT?

Sorry...bad joke.

Part 4 is up. Come and get it!

23. Rusty

Rusty

SWEET!!!!!! Good stuff!!!!!!

24. hasty

hasty

Thank you so much for posting the videos. Inspiring, very informative and just interesting to watch. Great looking car too. Looking forward to No.5 onwards.

25. Ah shit... there's another couple of hours I've got to find so I can watch the videos without distractions... ;)

26. budd

budd

very nice video, interesting build, who did the video? they must have a little back ground in film making, or they just hate shaky homemade videos..lol

27. Dear Mr. Bass

I have a 30-31 model A...... it looks like shit. Please start building complete crap so I can feel better about myself. :);)

Thanks,

Hitchhiker

28. For those fellow Bass build addicts part 5 is up

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CekbNlw5tYQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CekbNlw5tYQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

29. Great, Now I need #6....:rolleyes:

30. switchkid0

switchkid0

Each video has been great, but I really enjoyed #5. It was cool to see you step back and think about what you were doing. Watching how the process evolves is the most informational/ inspirational part of these videos.

Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge.