Register now to get rid of these ads!

vette toast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clemdaddy, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

I loaned my lawn mower to my next door neighbor and he ran it out of oil. I found out he used to mow someone elses yard. He dont even talk to me anymore. He has never even said thank you. I came home yesterday and found my water hose in a different location all tangeled up, he had used it again. Sorry for your loss on the vette. Sometimes we think people are like us, giving , but most of them are takers.

2. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Works for me.

3. 52RustRocket

52RustRocket

At least you can get all of those "querks" fixed now.

4. kiotes

kiotes

Well at least the car isnt totaled. A friend and I were goofing around in town on saturday night many years ago, I had my first old 52 dodge pickup with just 45000 miles on it. It was late and the town cop was after us, so we decided to cruz out of town for awhile. On the way he passes me and takes the lead to the local grass air strip, with his lights off. As I pull in to the airstrip my lights flash off a plane sitting at the edge, which he didnt see till then, so he swings out around the plane and I go by going to the other end of the strip. I make it about 3/4 of the way to the end and no Chad, I figure he is stopped by the plane, So I make a u turn, what I didnt know was he was coming down the center still with his lights off going 60+ and runs into the drivers side of me. Knocking me out, in the crash my head takes the back window out and then flies forward and removes half the skin on my face with the vent window. He hit me so hard the pickup made 4 full circles before stopping, complete distruction. To make things better he hit me with my own car I sold him (that he still owed me for). lots of broken promises to find and build another one, i didnt see him for about three years after that.. But We are still buddies after all that.

5. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Isnt this why we have insurance?

Hell....let the insurance take care of it....ALL of it, including twisting the wrenches...It'll cost em alot more....yeah it aint the insurance's fault per sey BUT that is why you been payin the premiums all these years eh?

Talk to the friend...whilst I dont ever loan out a vehicle (cept my dailies...I dont care bout them) if I did, and this happened....I'd like to think that I would throw it on the insurance co's lap and make amends with the friend....

6. hoperully you will get pix of the parade before the" bad thing happened" every one smiling and yor ride prettier than the queen

7. BELLM

BELLM

Back around '80 I restored a '67 Mustang convertible for a guy that became a good friend. He was a businessman, his banker called, wanted to use the car for a parade, this was in Houston, think they were the guy & gal on Entertainment Tonight back then. Everything went fine but on his way back returning the car he got caught in some heavy traffic, something happened and there was a gas fire at the carb, burned a nice circle in the top of the new hood. Typical minor engine fire, wiring, carb, paint, lots of detailing but the banker came thru and paid my friend for the damages, inc a new hood. Wasn't the bankers fault, was a bad rebuilt carb, but he paid anyway. Friend never loaned one of his cars to anyone again.

8. Gigantor

Gigantor

Tough call ... hind sight is 20/20 I guess.
    But even if this wasn't a car we were talking about, if it was anything else you let your friend borrow, if this is how he handles it, then he doesn't sound like someone I'd want to be "friends" with anyway.
    He may feel sick about it, but up until now, he's been totally chickenshit about it, and in my book , that's not what a "friend" does.
    Sure, you screwed up in the first place by lending it to him without either offering to drive it yourself, or explaining all the quirks, but the fact that he handled the situation the way he has tells me you shouldn't feel bad about x-ing one "friend" off your list. Sure, it's hard to make a good friend, I know, but I'd rather have one or two REAL friends than a bunch of fair weather friends like this chump.
    Sorry about your car.

9. slightly OT but parades and such brings back this true story
    my best friend wife had a new 80's mustang vert and was asked to haul a local person in mpls big summer parade, he had becme a double arm amputee caused by a farming mishap ,the guy was riding in the vert backseat w/o the belt on and after the parade lap he asked my friend if this "new mustang had any guts"

my friend yelled sure does "hang on" and floored it almost tossing him out on his head .... oops asking a armless guy to hang on.. wish i had the video:)

10. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Hope it goes back better than before. I don't loan out anything anymore (well, anything I don't want ruined). I guess this brings up....
    Rodder's rule #1- NEVER loan out your car(s)
    Rodder's rule #2- NEVER borrow someone else's car

Not 'cuz you're a prick or anything, but because shit happens.
    BTW, he had the top DOWN and turns on the air? :confused:

11. GrantH

GrantH

I'm more worried about why in the hell he would turn the AC on........with the top down.

12. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Don't knit pick, Scotch gave you the best advise I heard, take it and you will be a better man with a friend for life. Rags
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>