Register now to get rid of these ads!

Very New Guy my first flathead!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 34 Daily Driver, Sep 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 34 Daily Driver

34 Daily Driver

Hi guys, so nothing new about this for you. Just another NEW GUY with his first pre war truck.
    So a few weeks ago I fell in love with a 34 Model BB on Craig's list. It was pretty complete with a locked up flathead. On the way home from picking it up stopped by another craigslist find, a running 35 flathead!
    Actually drove it around the parking lot yesterday. Ran it for about an hour and all went well. allmost. But she is movable and has a little bit of brakes....feels like a huge milestone but a long way to go at the same time. Thanks in advance for your advise and expertise In the coming years as I am hooked!

Petejoe likes this.
  2. Welcome from Texas,show us some pics and please put some detail in your profile.That way you can find folks near you.

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

We love our flathead lovers.
    Welcome to the zoo.
    Pictures please.

4. 34 Daily Driver

34 Daily Driver

5. 34 Daily Driver

34 Daily Driver

I got pictures

Attached Files:

6. 34 Daily Driver

34 Daily Driver

Boat anchor out

Attached Files:

7. 34 Daily Driver

34 Daily Driver

Looks sad

Attached Files:

8. 34 Daily Driver

34 Daily Driver

Fresh new worm out 35 flathead in. Hoping to build the original over the next year or so. And put it back where it belongs.

Attached Files:

9. 34 Daily Driver

34 Daily Driver

First day, right away put my harbor frieght tow bar on it for easy rescues!
    Problem is it's the only thing I ever put a tow bar on that won't follow me. Just keeps locking the wheels all the way to one side.
    Just one more lesson I guess every thing about this truck is harder than any of the newer stuff I ever worked on. But I guess that's why there aren't more guys driving 80+ year old trucks.

Attached Files:

Petejoe likes this.