Register now to get rid of these ads!

very lucky or a good guardian angel ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPPED '46, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Oh my God, that was a close one. Someone was looking out for you for sure. We've talked about how nice it would be to have a lift in our shop but this is one of the reasons I haven't seriously looked for one.

Glad to hear you are ok.

Don

2. jroberts

jroberts

I'll go along with you're lucky you had a guardian angel on the job that day! Scary stuff indeed.

3. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

holy crap dude was it the chain that snapped? like what you were saying when i was over that the chain was stuck and then come loose again..

man glad you weren't under the car and that your kids weren't there...geeezzz

did not know untill now...

for what it's worth the jag axle is still under the jag.....keep u posted.

see ya

twan

4. thanks all for your kind reactions.
    I've bought a 4 post carlift last week.

twan,it wasnt the chain. its not a big problem when it snaps.

5. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

DAMN !!!!!
    I just read this post and my heart stopped a beat.

I hope you at least got down on one knee and screamed "THANK YOU" real loud towards those above us !

Another reason why I believe in the almighty and his assistants.

6. Mr Blue

Mr Blue
    from Florida

My god. I am so glad you or anyone else was not hurt with this accident. How tough is that Ford to fall off the lift and really only sustain minor damage??? Built like a tank. Don

7. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

I've experienced similar situations in my life and had to change my shorts every time. Those big fords are tough, be thankful you didn't have a plastic T-bucket up there, you'd be starting all over again...lol
    Thank God you're OK.

8. the dents are out.:)
    the final work comes after the chop.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sonofabitch thats scary

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We were talking about this thread the other night as we were hoisting my Son's 46 tudor up into the air to put the body and frame on a body cart my Son bought to work on it. Sure is scarey when the car is suspended 3 feet off the ground until you get the mounting bolts all cinched down. I was nervous as hell even having to put part of our bodies under there to adjust things, could see it falling like yours with no warning. :eek:

Don

11. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

12. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I never liked the two post lifts, they just don't feel safe, the car will rock around a little. Glad you are okay, can't believe you didn't have more damage to the car.

13. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Well that's nightmarish to say the least. Very glad to see you made it out ok. As long as youre ok that means you can still repair the damage done. And that's what really counts mate. Never liked being near those darn 2 post lifts. Stay healthy brother.

-seth

14. ...can't believe that's all the damage from a fall like that!
    did it make a bunch of noise when it fell?
    you are one lucky guy.

15. chargin03

chargin03

Saw the same thing happen thirty years ago the safety nut was junk .The switch to shut the lift off when the first nut failed had been removed .