Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Vertical Luggage Racks?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigheadbaxter, Aug 10, 2016.

1. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470874439.392025.jpg
    Can anyone identify this rack? I'd like to see any pictures with and without luggage mounted and ready to go.
    Any pictures of original or modified racks in a vertical mounting position.

2. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attached Files:

3. Looks like a typical rack from the 20's-30's.

If the rack you have pivots, then it is like the one in the first pic of your last post, and folds down to hold the luggage. If there is no pivot, then you have the base of the rack, and it mounts to either the frame, rear crossmember, or gas tank cover.

4. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah ok, that makes sense. Thanks Mac. I'd like to see one folded down and loaded up

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

6. Also, racks like that would normally carry a trunk that was semi-permanent, bolted on through those 4 holes on your rack. Here's a great example of a higher-end trunk with matching inner luggage (on what is probably about a 1930 Packard touring):

[​IMG]

7. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mac I think that's pretty cool. I wondered what the holes were for. And there's 2 slots on the side? Maybe for straps or tie downs ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470926141.826011.jpg here's another