Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Vega pitman arm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bikelessbill, May 30, 2018.

1. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Building the basic Model A hot rod with 3 in dropped axle,1 in lowered spring and vega cross steering. Have not mounted vega box yet and was wondering about pitman arm. Looking for advice from people who have done similar set ups. Straight or bent pitman arm? Thanks in advance for your advice! Bill

2. Andy

Andy

I heat and bend them so they ae the exact opposit of their original shape. I also re-taper the tie rod hole so I can mount the tie rod end on top. It allows me to mount the steering box tilted down in front for engine clearance and less joint angle. It actually looks like a stock 35- 48 steering box installation so please don't tell me it won't work.
    This only should be done to original arms.

3. X-cpe

X-cpe

I did mine like Andy. Made a jig and used the press at work to bend it. Also welded a skid plate in front of the nut because the nut only had 4 & 3/4 in, of ground clearance. I'm going to have it magnafluxed before it goes on the road.