Register now to get rid of these ads!

Variable rate snubbers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chebby belair, Sep 24, 2009.

  1. Chebby belair
    Joined: Apr 17, 2006
    Posts: 838

    Chebby belair
    from Australia

    I have dropped the back of my 54 and hit the snubbers pretty often. Its a pretty original survivor and I'm not in the mood for notching it.

    I seem to recall reading here that you can get variable rate snubbers that start out softer and get progressively harder.

    Might help me keep my fillings a little while longer. Who's got em?
  2. I bought some of couple of years back that were kind of a barrel shape and hollow. They compress down substantially when the suspension is compressed and provide a slightly softer ride. I think I got them from a guy called Jerry Wolf at Wolf Customs (?) but I can't find any info online to confirm that. He had full page ads in Rodder's Digest I think? Maybe someone else will remember and confirm this...
  3. chopolds
    Joined: Oct 22, 2001
    Posts: 5,929

    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

    You can buy them from a Chevy dealer....I have a couple boxes at home, I'll see if I can get you the part number.
    They DO work well!
  4. I think the Chevy S-10 Blazers used them.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.