Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Vancouver cruise the gut

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burt21, Jul 20, 2014.

1. burt21

burt21

Not sure how many of you went to the vancouver cruise the gut this year. But I for one think they need to somehow close the street off to new cars. Lets pay $15.00 a car to cruise like battleground and have the streets closed to nothing but pre something cars. I mean this is suppose to be for us the old car people and now it has gotten to where you have the frickin politicians cruiseing thru with there banners. It took a he to go the round trip and it was not cruisin it was stop go a ft and stop crap. If we could some h0w cut the regular cars and such out it would be much better. We might even see some of the cars that sit all night because they can't cruise because of overheating problems from sitting idleing. How bout some one giving there thoughts. Just imagine how much fun it would be to actually cruise.

2. 35ChevSedan

35ChevSedan

Agreed - close the streets so we can actually "cruise"

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just imagine if you were one of the new GM owners..."Can't cruise, you paid the selling price but can't be 'cool'." Crappy to be on the outside lookin' in... LOL
    Just imagine...
    We had a '50s nite in San Jose, CA. in 1978. Some gangers (said they were 'gangstas') actually drove a hydraulic-actuated altitude '64 Chevy at power, right thru the 5/16" chain barricade on the East side of the lot.
    The era was '48 and older, but these guys had a RIGHT to come in. They told us.
    They said they would throw 'chingasos'...
    I talked them down, finally they left. Funny how these days everybody is bestowed with 'rights'...
    Some of 'em I've never heard of...

4. 41plym

41plym

I stayed away this year for that same reason. Having said that I'm sure most everybody had a good time.

5. CRguy

CRguy
    from SW WA

The Unique Tin show & cruise in Longview is limited to participants. Makes a nice enjoyable cruise, and there's always a big spectator turnout. It took years to get the city to cooperate on this.

6. Like most terms out of the 60's they now have a new meaning. What I remember as going crusin now means traffic jamb or grid lock. This is mostly caused by someone trying to organise things and make a buck doing it. In today's world of equal rights for all, as soon as you try to limit things someone goes off the deep end and cry's to the powers to be until it's not fun for anyone. I went to both events but parked and watched. That's good enough for me and I have no complaints about either event.
    The Wizzard

7. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

Having to get there 4 or 5 hours early in order to secure a parking spot along the cruise route has a way of sucking the fun right out of it for me. Unless you have a connection with a downtown business owner parking is nearly impossible to come by. My biggest pet peeve is the lawn chairs people leave in a PUBLIC parking space to save their spot. If everyone just gave up their spot when they wanted to cruise then maybe most everyone else would be able to pull over and watch/cool off for awhile. I left my ragtop at home this year because the traffic snarl and lack of parking ends up being too much wear and tear on my flathead, clutch, tranny etc. I'd rather wear it out actually DRIVING somewhere. I do think that closing access from some of the side streets did help the traffic at least inch along.

8. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I went down at 3PM and it was pretty packed already -- took me an hour to make one circuit. Went back down at 8PM and it took almost 2 hours to make a circuit.

As I have a fresh engine and did not want to burn it up a kicked it outa gear, turned it off and coasted most of the way from the old Shumway Junior High to well past the Dairy Queen and then some.

Kinda fun watching all the madness around me though driving the route would be better.