Register now to get rid of these ads!

Van Go.........GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Church, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

brilliant... in every detail...

2. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Thanks soooo much. The response to the van this weekend was nothing short of amazing. I never expected to be surrounded by the likes of Winfield, Lee Pratt, Randy Lorenzen, Bill Cooke, Pete Santini, Rod Powell, Steve Stanford, and a host of others talking about this toaster on wheels. About a dozen magazine offers from US and abroad and the Foose award was icing on the cake. I heard it was one of the legends picks of the show at the luncheon too.

I must say though, my absolute favorite part was last night after tear down. They made us exit the fairplex on to McKinley avenue, drive up an over the little hill, back into gate 17 and around the back side to get to the trailers..... with wet roads and drizzle. It drove GREAT!!!! Now all we gotta do is finish it.

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

man, that is insane. that interior is beyond awesome. Knowing the amount of work that goes into dropping that van makes it just staggering all around. AWESOME.

4. BY FAR....my favorite vehicle there! Just amazing to see in person,Coby! Chip Foose Design Award!!!!!! I'd say that's a HUGE honor....He's gonna be one of those guys that's talked about for many years,so to have an award from him,is just a treasure....You deserve any award the Van wins,Coby! and i'm sure it has more to come....

5. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

X2 Just like Bob said!! Fo Sho! I had to look it over again and again...I was just in awe!

6. Congrats, neat van.

7. John Denich

John Denich

Good Work buddy! YOU SHOULD BE PROUD......So you going to buy that Dually and Trailer today!!! HAHAHA

8. Church

Church
    from South Bay

NEVER!!!!!!!
    Nice hard top.

9. Well deserved honor! Man I wish I could have seen it in person...sure I will soon enough though...now go get some splinters and cruise that thing through the local taco stand!

10. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Coby, the van looked AMAZING! one of my favorites of the show for sure! The wood interior is breath taking and Condor's work always blows my mind! GREAT job by all involved.

11. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow!! Amazing! You took the econo out of Econoline! The wood is Crazy! Love it!

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

So Bad Ass. Congratulations. I wanted to steal it but couldn’t find the keys. Great meeting ya. Slim

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

congratulations! it really must be seen in person, the colors and over all detail are just exquisite.

14. Just remembered an observation I had after seeing it in person.....THE ROOF!!!! None of the pic's show the awesome paintwork on the roof! Really caught me offguard...I thought it was all one color! You need to post an overhead shot,Coby......I guess we won't see the underneath,til it rolls over the block at Barrett Jackson,hahaha!

15. eddie1

eddie1

16. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Beautiful, one of a kind.

17. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I'll try to find some pics of the top Bob. It's a pretty simple design intended to elongate the roof. As you may have noticed, the van is smaller than you might expect when you think of the word "van".

18. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

That wood work was even more impressive in person! Definitely one of the coolest vans I've seen. Great work!

19. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Church, from what I've seen of your graphics they all belong in CA. The van is simply stunning, good job.

20. michaelthe9

michaelthe9

Church man...I saw that van and had to stare at it long and hard on Saturday. I cut my painting-skills-teeth during the van craze of the late '70s and have always like your body style the best. I dreamed about how sweet they would look slammed. To this day, I have never seen one as awesome at that one. Great accomplishment on that one pal.
    Michael

21. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like we found out with the Atomic Punk, that would be pearls before swine.

22. 60 ford

60 ford

Very cool van I wish I could have saw it in person.

23. I was being sarcastic....of course!!!

24. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know, I was just trying to put an exclamation point on your sarcasm, in case anyone missed it. :D

25. Conder

Conder

This is my favorite shot so far. If you were to hang original fine art from Robert Williams, John Bell, Von Franco, Dirty Donnie etc. etc inside this thing, it'd be like standing in Coby's house! Too bad they didn't let you put your CHURCH art in it for the show Coby...

Attached Files:

26. Church

Church
    from South Bay

^^^ my favorite pic too.

Bob...... I didn't find an overall roof shot, but you can see some of Conder's flake work here. No salt and pepper, it's all FLAKE. And notice the rounded corners that match everything else on the van.

27. Serious...how does it turn? do you have to raise it up a lot on the bags or does it run kinda low?? either way this has gotta be the most bitchin van in the valley

28. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

The woodwork was world class in both design and finish. I wish I would have been able to get a great pic of it.

29. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Coby- Congrats on a fine showing at GNRS! Van-Go drew lots of attention and it deserves all the attention it got! I keep coming back to this post to pour over the details I may have missed for the first few times I viewed the photos. Awesome, man! Just awesome! Hope to see it in person someday!

30. whoaaaaaa holy jeez that is one cool van.