Register now to get rid of these ads!

Value of TATTERSFIELD Intake for Chevy Inline??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klutchmaster427, Jun 17, 2012.

1. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

I found this old intake for sale locally, and I'm just curious as to about how much it would be worth so I don't pay too much for it.
    It's a Tattersfield. Made in 1949.
    It's for a Chevy inline (216/235 I believe) correct me if Im wrong.

Any opinions or knowledge on either the price or the quality/desirability of this intake would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Looks way cool. Seems most old original intakes for stove bolts are $300-800 depending on condition and cool factor. What's he want for it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. Yikes! $700 seems like alot!

4. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

55 Dude, I'm guessing you found it on craiglist?
    Yes he wants $700. I was thinking it was a bit pricey. Haven't tried to haggle yet though as I don't know where I should be on price.

5. Cool looking piece, but, whatever he used to clean it for the first picture sure didn't seem to do it any favors. Almost looks like it's been wire wheeled..... no bueno.

6. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Yea some people should have their wire wheels / wire brushes confiscated! lol

7. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Obviously for a Chevy but not for both, meaning, if its a 216 intake it won't mate up to your 235 exhaust plenum, you'll be using Fentons running heat to the bottom of the intake base.

8. 'Mo

'Mo

I think this is one of the most beautifully designed manifolds.
    Note how the upper chamber partially restricts the center port, for optimized fuel distribution. Also note the gracefully curved runners.

[​IMG]

Offys, Fentons, Nicsons, McGurKs, et.al., all have right angle bends.
    The only other curved runner manifolds I think of are Edelbrock, and Weiand, neither of which has the second plane.

Even so, it sounds steep. If the linkage is complete, it adds significantly to the value.

BTW, Tattersfield was partnered with the early '30's with speed equipment pioneer Tommy Thickstun. The Tattersfield name was used only for a short time ('48?-'52), after Thickstun's death.

Even though the above motor has a ported head, it was decided to use custom adapter rings, rather than port match the rare intake.

Good luck, I hope you get a deal!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  9. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

The Tattersfield is a nice lookin manifold ,i had the ports opened up in mine to fit a 235,the original linkage arms were brass i believe ,spice sounds steep i paid 200 for mine with carbs linkage and split manifold ,-there was a great thread on here about 6cyl speed parts --

Here is another cool manifold to be on the lookout for it also has the rounded runners ,but no provision for heat

Attached Files:

10. sololobo

sololobo

Way cool, doesn't seem a lot overpriced to me. ~sololobo~