Register now to get rid of these ads!

Value of original vondutch business card???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badpat, Sep 6, 2003.

1. badpat

badpat

an old timer i know who used to work with von dutch has an original business card from 53, he has offered to sell it to me to make as a tee shirt design, but he wants high $ for it, anybody guess what it would be worth???

2. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Shit! The bootleg ball caps are going for $100.......

3. scarylarry

scarylarry

What do you call high dollar?

4. poncho

poncho

"boots" must be hurtin' for some cash!!!just give him 10 bucks for a colour photo copy...craig [​IMG]

5. abe lugo

abe lugo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Take a picture for "refernce" to "ask friends" and just redraw it! otherwise you can probably find a picture of it online somewhere. if you did make a t shirt of that design wouldn't von dutch original have issues with it?

6. badpat

badpat

boots is a nice old man who lives in a trailer, so i wouldn't rip him off by takin a pic, but he wants $250 canadian fer the card- it is a really cool card though

7. poncho

poncho

i've seen the card,it maybe worth it!kinda rare item.and would truly make a nice shirt.im sure it will pay for itself. [​IMG]

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

poncho is right at $250 for the card. If you think someone would buy shirts with it on the front, you GOTTA be able to sell 250 bucks worth of shirts AND get the card for your trouble!

9. $250 canadian? I'll buy it for that and then let you copy it.

10. stevenjerk

stevenjerk

its kinda funny how everyone here holds von dutch like hes the greatest man ever to live and then you talk about making shirts from his original card design so you can make money off it? how is that any different than anyone else selling or owning? becuase you know his history it makes it ok? im just wondering only because this subject has come up alot and there are alot of pissed people sometimes, i could care less really

11. badpat

badpat

making shirts is what i do, when i choose a design it is something I would like to wear, and then i just hope others do. Usually they do and they are happy to give me $15 What I do is absolutely no different than what is going on on Melrose Ave, with the exception of I have a vague idea of who Ken Howard is, and so do my customers. As Mr Howard is deceased, and the people who currently "own" his namesake are doing their best to profiteer from it and eventually besmirch it in the general publics eye (how long till von dutch is synonymos with "no fear", and soon to be "west coast choppers") yet they still will have no clue who the man was. Perhaps the fact that britanny won't be wearing this design restores the name.... fuck it, i don't know, i am just a money hungry bastard, ante up and buy a cool shirt.

12. stevenjerk

stevenjerk

im not busting your chops or anything, i used to make my own band shirts cause i didnt want to pay for them. i just try to figure people out and i look like an asshole in the process, nothing i say on here is of any relevance lol, i just like cars

13. old beet

old beet

BADPAT, Just make up your own design of VD business cards, I would'nt know a real one anyway, not many others either. I'd still buy a couple tho, fake might be more fun!!!!.....OLDBEET

14. RPW

RPW

One of Roth´s sons, "Lil´ Daddy Roth" (?), did sell old Von Dutch buisness cards a couple of years ago (as well as Ed Roths old boots, big size!). I think the price then was just a few dollars, I brought a few and gave them away to pinstriper that is a friend of mine...

15. SimonSez

SimonSez

Here's a couple I found on the internet a few years ago ...

Attached Files:

16. SimonSez

SimonSez

Number 2 ...

Attached Files:

17. badpat

badpat

um, do i you $250 now??? the one boots has is different, do you know what year these were?

18. Missing Link

Missing Link

Ahh, the right of free trade. Personally, I say fuck it. If you can make money off of it go for it. The almighty dollar rules. A small investment for possible huge returns. Just don't forget that the name has already been sold and the printing of independent shirts featuring any reference to VonDutch could get you in a TON of trouble.

19. SimonSez

SimonSez