Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Value of a 1965 Ford Fairlane?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by GaryDude, Oct 17, 2017.

1. GaryDude

GaryDude
    from Oregon

IMG_0100.JPG Hi all

I was a member here a few years back but forgot my Id at the time. Anyway I'm looking a
    1965 Ford Fairlane 500. Its black, high performance 289 with a C-4! I'm a Chevy guy presently with 2 tri fives. 56 and 57 Chevys. My buddy has this he may be selling.....due to poor health...

He bought it to drag race and cruise. Very nice and clean car. Any thoughts on value? Exterior is 8 out of 10 and interior I would say 7 out of 10. Older restoration..nice mag wheel and newer tires. It has the original center console also!!!

2. Wow!
    Buy it now.
    What a cool cruiser................

3. I for one would be happy to invite you over to the Dark (Blue) Side.
    Nice looking car!

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  4. I presently own 4 64 Fairlanes. They are a small tasteful version of a Galaxie. And have owned a 67 Fairlane again a smaller Galaxie. The 65 Fairlane to my taste is just a horrible looking car. Never liked the looks of a 65 Fairlane and never will. It was probably designed by the same guy who designed the Edsel LOL.

Los_Control and modeleh like this.

5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, you have to start with what the current owner wants for the car. You then work from there.
    If you make an offer cold, it might be way above what he might be asking.

It's his car-let him price it.

6. And do an intro,show your location.

7. GaryDude

GaryDude
    from Oregon

I did an intro, but thanks anyway Lol... I live north of the California border, Oregon!!!

8. GaryDude

GaryDude
    from Oregon

He is looking @ $6k, he bought it primarily for the 1/4 mile, which he said it's an eye catcher
    On the track... nice driver and street legal...

upspirate likes this.
  9. ken bogren

ken bogren

If the car is half as nice in real life as that pic makes it ... what are you waiting?

slv63 and upspirate like this.
  10. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

^^^^ If he was my friend I would own it NOW.

upspirate likes this.
  11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Worth that easily. If it has a ''K'' in the serial number it's worth x 3 easy.

12. Squablow

Squablow

$6K is a bargain, I would have expected an asking price of twice that, if it's really as nice as it appears to be in that picture.

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

65s are the odd one of the fairlanes and I, like old wolf, never was too crazy about em (to put it a little nicer than what he said:D)but thats as good a lookin one as I have ever saw and I kinda like it.
    If its as slick as it looks in the pic, its hard to find anything that old in that price range that looks that good anymore.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool Fairlane.. Buy it... Well worth the asking price....

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Well...'Ugly' is in the eye of the guy that has a grudge, usually.

I have a '63-1/2 Galaxie Fastback that's 'uglier' than that gem...60 one hundred dollar bills come right outa the bank, and the gov'ment doesn't even notice. For that car, I'd call it 'chump change'. Cheaper than Dope!
    I'd be proud to drive that one, and I'm PICKY!

Hnstray and Budget36 like this.
  16. At 6k I would snap that thing up.
    6k sounds a little cheap.
    either he is a real good friend or there is something you are not seeing.
    Ugly... kinda, Cool definitely!

17. slowmotion

slowmotion

Yep, '65s are the step-child of Fairlanes. And as a registered Bowtie guy, I'll tell you at $6K, I'd be all over that like a hound dog on a steak bone!

18. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

With what has been said about the 1 year only body, they can be very desirable to some due to that. I have a 63 and two 66 fairlanes("S" code GT and "Z" code 390 4spd) but always for some reason wanted the "one year" 65. They are cool cars. Especially if it's a sport coupe with buckets and console......and a 4 speed would be a bonus. Good luck with your soon to be...purchase.

19. Deuces

Deuces

Will an Fe motor bolt in under the hood?????

46international likes this.
  20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd agree that 6 K is a great price for that car unless you are afraid of getting over on him on the price. Good looking car that you don't need to do anything to except the normal checks you would do with any older car you bought.

21. southcross2631

southcross2631

Check for the usual hidden rust you find on those cars. Parts will be more difficult being a one year car and not real popular. I liked them when they were new, but had a 62 Galaxie 500 XL when they came out and liked it better.
    You said Hiperformance 289. Probably just a 289 -225 hp.

22. No FE,s where factory installed in the 65 fairlanes. I seen a factory 427 four speed in a 67 at our local Dodge dealers lot in 1969. someone had Traded it in on a new GTX. The Price was $2500. I owned a 67 calaxie that had a 289 automatic and a 67 fairlane with a 289 automatic. And the Fairlane weighed a much as the Galaxie. By the time they added all that extra sheet metal to make the unibody strong enough it wasn't any lighter. There are very few vehicles that I would give six grand for. My limit is about $1000 for any hobby vehicle. contrary to what some might believe buying hobby cars is not a investment. Think about it if you need to sell. How many buyers are there that have even ten one hundred dollar bills? Let alone sixty of them.

23. k9racer

k9racer

It is a dark color and that will let any body flaw show up fast. If no chassis or body rot it is a buy. If it were within 500 miles of me I would take a drive to look and more than likely purchase said unit.

24. BUY IT !!!!!!!!

25. finn

finn

I loved the 64 and 66 Fairlane for over 50 years and hated the 65 for just as long.

In the past couple of years I’ve developed an affectation for the 65 as well, and for $6k, that car would be in my garage.

26. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

That’s what we call “Classic Ugly” ugly but it grows on you and ends up being cool. Definitely worth 6 if body is solid and runs good , I’d say jump on it.

27. well at that price, I'm loading up the trailer right now and headin' west. Figgur i'll be there in two days if I drive fast. What was that address again?