Register now to get rid of these ads!

Valiant wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnod, Jun 8, 2013.

1. johnod

johnod

I was at a car show today and saw a modified one of these, unfortunately no camera.

The guy made it into a 2 door hardtop wagon, longer doors and a small roll up window behind the door. It looked great, i'd never even seen one of these before.

Maybe it will give some of you more talented guys ideas:), it looked great.

I think it was a 64, but this is a good pic.

http://www.classycars.org/plymouth.1965.valiant.stationwagon2.html

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have not seen a Valaint done this way, but several other wagons. All used 2-door doors, and a chunk of the quarter panel to make up the metal. The ones that were done well looked like they came that way. I get a kick out of that. The untrained eye should not be able to detect the modification, if it was done right. If you can make even the experts question their knowledge, you WIN!

3. johnod

johnod

This one was done right.
    The first question i asked , "Is this factory?"

With that curved rear glass it had a bit of the Nomad look to it.
    Well to me any way.

4. 63-66 all looked the same except the tail lights and headlight/grill. Did a 64 a few year back for a friend but did it a little different though.He did not want a small glass between the door and quarter glass so i added 6" to the door and took 9" out of the length of the car. Came out looking pretty good but a few months later some drunk hit it parked in front of his house and totaled it.