Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vaca High Metal Shop Fundraiser Show Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RagDoll, Apr 22, 2006.

1. RagDoll

RagDoll

A friend of mine helped put together a cool car show today. Seems that his school board thinks that classes like metal shop and home ec are no longer needed. I guess all kids are going to grow up to be scientists and computer programmers. So, to raise money the students put together a carshow complete with art ,car part and 50/50 raffles, pinstripers (SteelPhoenix was there with her box o'paints as well as Brents brother), tiki art for sale,bands and a killer tri-tip BBQ. We had a blast, and thought I'd share a few photos and give some major kudos to the Vacaville High students for caring enough about something they feel strongly about, even though many of them graduate this year!

Click here for the photo-album...I didn't get even HALF of the cars.

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/ragdollcustoms/VacaHigh Show/

The SWANX
    [​IMG]

Brents Car
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great cause. Glad the show was a success. Anyone know how much the HAMB contributions totaled?

Dennis

3. RagDoll

RagDoll

Hi Dennis! Not sure, but there were 3 HAMB member vehicles there from the Swanx alone. Here is what I heard from Brent:

They made 2000bucks after the bands were paid, so I think they did really well!

4. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

I brought the family and my car out to show support of the Vaca High metal shop class. It was a very nice show, great bands and alot of cool cars.
    Brent it was nice to meet you, you guys definately have the right attitude about cars. It shows me there is hope for the next generation of car nuts after all.
    I hope this show did all you hoped, and more to help out your cause. If you do it again I'll definately be there if I can.
    Thanks for a great time.
    Tony

5. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

I had a really good time at this show. Good looking rides, great tunes, got to sling some paint with TBonez, Knuckles and Ryan. Glad to hear they made a good amount for the cause.:D

6. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Well I dont post much here and just saw your post about our show Renee, Thanks, once again thanks eveyrone who showed up for the first show we have done!!

It was a good turn out, we get the shop doors open for another year so we have to do another show, the whole show was cool but Tbonez said it was only 20$ donated from the HAMB Members, no one else sent anything to him...so oh well, it was fun thanks to those who showed up and I hope next year will be just as cool if not better!!

7. Frank

Frank

The hubcaps on that Lincoln make me want to go down to Dairy Queen and get an ice cream cone.

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i want it!!!!

9. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

that blue Lincoln is really kool!

10. RagDoll

RagDoll

My bad...there were 4 HAMB cars from the Swanx there...forgot yadlose had 2!

furbiscuit...I'm with you...his car is just as nice in person!

here's a couple more of that tasty blue car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Ohh but I love that 57 Oldsmobile................and the super cute "biker"!;) :D

12. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Ohh but I love that 57 Oldsmobile................and the super cute "biker"!;) :D

13. RagDoll

RagDoll

OHHH that Olds was tasty! I wanted to lick the car.

Too bad I got the "biker' making funny faces...I think I told him to say something weird.