Register now to get rid of these ads!

V-Belt supercharger pulley?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51box, Jan 16, 2011.

1. 51box

51box
    from MA

A couple years back I came across a company that was making multiple v-belt pulleys for supercharger setups. I am pretty sure the company was from new York or new jersey but I can't find it now. Does anyone know about these? Or the name of the company? Thanks, Joe.

2. I'd be interested too. Otherwise I will turn my own.

3. Being the cheap bastard that I am, I wonder about adapting something like the item in this ad (and available else where) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CRAN...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

For the set up I am piecing together, 1-1 drive seems like a good ratio for 5 pounds boost. Maybe I can get a triple crank pulley, and turn a small adapter to put another similar pulley on the blower drive.

Making the pulleys on my small lathe turns out not to be as simple as I thought. I would need a piece of AL 2-3" thick and about 6" x 6" . Such AL pieces aren't super cheap or available and push the limits of my little machine, not to mention my getto-hack skills.

4. squirrel

squirrel

you could stack single pulleys, just machine a lip on one side a recess on the other, and leave room in the middle for some bolts.

5. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

6. squirrel

squirrel

or use thick wall aluminum tube. McMaster-Carr has some 5" od with 1/2" wall thickness. 9056K571 You'd have to make a hub to bolt or weld onto one end.

http://www.mcmaster.com

7. Last edited: Jan 27, 2011