Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Utah Junk Yard Liquidation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slv63, Apr 19, 2018.

1. slv63

slv63

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. slv63

slv63

Found a video. Quite impressive

3. Don't that just take the cake. I'll be out that way in August, a day late and a dollar short as usual.

4. Can someone near the place tell me if there are any of these 1958 Studebakers left --- 58 sedan, but with the hardtop roof and glass... ??
    I dont care if the car is crumbling everything below the door handles, or has no interior or engine or frame. Anything above the door handles is my main interest.
    I dont care if it sunk in the ground and dissolved as long as I can dig it out and winch-drag a hulk onto my trailer. or even cut it away (usually not allowed)
    I need the upper half, or even upper third, of the rusted hulk that can give me the roof, glass, and some cowl window frame cuttings.
    HELP?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need the roof, glass, and cowl that can give me the late 50s chrysler hardtop look, but fits on a Studebaker.
    Do they have any, even rough ones?
    Thanks!
    55 stude coupe hood and grille can come later if I ever find the right roof first :)

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018

5. Seems like no matter where you live, these liquidations always seem to be a million miles away from you.

Vanness likes this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great job on the video. Entertaining yet informative.

7. Vanness

Vanness

Or they are in a place where there is nothing left do to rust!

8. 55Deso

55Deso
    from Wyoming

Best thing to do would be to call them and check, from the sound of things crushing has already started. 435-884-6183

9. that number keeps returning an error.
    "cannot be completed at this time"
    the other number has a full mailbox.
    I don't know if ppl are overloading it, or if the guy needs a break from the headaches :)
    Ill keep trying, but it sure would be terriffic if we can find someone local who has time to take a look.

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

10. sad....but thanks for sharing.......

11. Tri-Power

Tri-Power
    from Memphis

Off topic info follows>
    Interesting, but wrong about the 86-87 Buick Grand Nationals. They would definately get out their own way, but the 547 GNX's by ASC McLaren were slightly faster due to their larger intercoolers and ceramic bearing turbochargers.

12. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

“Now they want me to move, because they want to build through here,” he said.

I'm glad he at least was able to get the airport hanger classified as historic so he has a place to store some of the jewels.

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Why not try and locate the people making the video? Seems to be they live relatively close maybe they can help you get in touch. Joe

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that ends up like what I have seen from yards that closed out around here the prices get jacked up way higher than most people with a degree of sanity of will pay and the scrapper gets them anyhow. Hope he offers the stuff at a viable price so someone gets some use out of it.

15. phat rat

phat rat

I would imagine after it being posted here and who knows where else everybody and their twin assed brother is calling. I'm going to be out west next month and maybe then the phone will be clear or maybe I'll just take a drive there. It will depend on just how my route home figures out.

16. gene-koning

gene-koning

So, I saw a post on another web site today linking to a HAMB thread dated 2007 with exactly the same headlines, same yard, same city, same owner, and the same issue with the phone!

It appears as though Mr McBride has been fighting this battle with the city for years, even well before the 2007 posting. When ever the city appears to gain ground, the headlines appear, and car guys try calling with the same results as we see today. It also appears that those that have actually made the trip to the yard have hauled out cars and trucks. It sounds like his prices are reasonable. In the 2007 thread, he was unable to sell complete cars or trucks, but it now appears he is able to sell complete cars and trucks.

The guy has been sounding the alarm about all the old cars getting crushed for years, and apparently, many have been saved, but there are a lot more there to save. I've read that the guy is 73 years old and has been fighting with that city for nearly 30 years. So far he has managed to stay ahead of the city, but at some point he will loose that battle, or he will no longer be able (or willing) to keep up the fight.

Its neat he has been able to get the old near by airport protected as an historic site, and he has been able to move many cars into the airport's hanger buildings. I suspect that all the cars will have to be kept inside the buildings to save them, so he will be limited to how many he will be able to save there. The big question is what will happen to the cars in the hanger buildings when Mr McBride is no longer with us.

It sounds to me like it really may be all about saving as many cars as he can! He has been doing pretty well for many years saving as many as he can. I suspect he probably smiles every time another old car or truck leaves his place for a new home. Another one saved! He has done his part, now its up to us. Don't bother calling, he won't answer your calls. Just hook up the trailer and make a trip there and save as many of what ever trips your trigger as you can. Some day, the city is going to win, and all the cars that have not been saved will get crushed. This may be your last chance! Gene

Stogy likes this.
  17. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Interesting video but a sad ending. :(:(:(
    [​IMG]