Register now to get rid of these ads!

Utah guys, Wasatch Rods and Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flt-blk, May 10, 2010.

1. I picked up a Chassis Research TE-440 that has "Wasatch Rods & Customs" painted on the spring perch.

I found this club in SLC but can't seem to get in contact with anybody there.

is there anyone on here that knows someone in this club or recognizes the dragster so I can get some information.

I'll save some questions; It's going to run an Injected Studebaker 289, look for it to be running sometime next year if all goes well.

Plan B is to team up with the SF*%$ers and put in an injected Nailhead. :eek:

Attached Files:

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I posted this in the Utah group. One of the guys there should have an answer....

3. pinman 39

pinman 39

I can't remember any info on the club ,But 10 to 15 years ago there was a BBQ grill built on a Dragster chassis at Logan and a few other Utah events .You might contact
    Hamber LURKER MICK or the Stags car club .They probably have more info than anyone else down there.

4. I tried thier website but its all pictures and picnic's. There is one email address I tried but did not get a response.
    Thanks, anyone else know someone from Wasatch??

5. hey, wait, that kinda looks like.....

[​IMG]

....nevermind, i figured it out....

6. anyone know someone involved with "Wasatch Rods & Customs"

7. I will ask some the old time hot rod guys and see if I get any bites. There is one guy here in town
    That knows every one from back in the day. His name is Mo and he has seen it all. I will check. Give me some time as I don't see him but now and then. Keep in touch with me with a pm.

8. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

I am a member of the Stag's, and we have meeting tonight. I'll ask the Boys if they know anything. I would bet Bruno Perry did the lettering.

9. Yeah, check with Mo, he does seem to know everyone and has quite a colorful history!

He's the one building this...

10. sladeslc

sladeslc
    from magna.ut

I called Mo this morning .He said that he will get some #'s and call me back later today. I'll pass on any info I get.

11. sladeslc

sladeslc
    from magna.ut

Talked to Mo again no luck. I'll try a few other contacts.

12. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

I asked at the Stag's Club Meeting last night. Some of them remember it. Indeed it is a REAL dragster that Wasatch Rods used, and mounted 2 bbqs in it to fry hot dogs at shows. Nobody was sure of the history tho, only that at one time it was a real racecar. I would try Lurker Mick, he knows a lot about everything. He wasn't there last night because he is out of town.

13. Thanks guys I appreciate the info.
    Really different story than what I was told when I bought it out of Seattle, wonder how it got out there??

Ill try some searches for dragster BBQ and see what I can find.
    TZ

14. tyler - you are sick in the head..

but that dragster looks cool.

tok

15. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Tyler,
    If you're just looking to restore it, it sounds like you could mount a few grills on it and call it done. On the bright side, you could brag that it has multiple Webers!

16. it's still going to be a dragster with an Injected Stude. I just have to come up with a clever name now.

Burger Run
    the Hot Dog

17. my weber fits on it really nice...them ain't flat head mounts, there a weber mount!

18. Rusty

Rusty

mmmm!!!! Hot dogs sound good, now I am hungry

19. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

weenyroaster?doggonefast?

20. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

21. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

O.m.g. Elmer fudd that brilliant!!!!!

22. It is yellow too.

23. Robert

Robert

Their website is http://wrac2010.shutterfly.com/. There isn't an email contact but you can post a comment there. Their mailing address is P.O. Box 47, Clearfield, UT 84089. If I see any of them this weekend I'll have someone contact you.

24. sunday bump...