Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usernames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Fulvia

Fulvia

2. primed34

primed34

I've run my '34 in different colors of primer since '84. It's now satin black but you get the idea. With over 90k miles it's primed and ready to go.

3. As it was ....

Truly
    Vintage

Sras.JPG

Jim

4. Can't figure out why I would have used a lame handle like crminal, but do remember signing up and figuring I'd only go on the Hamb "just this one time".
    Yeah, right.

5. My name is Mike, and I am MAAAAAAAAAD!

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Mine is from the old CCR tune and my realization that I am truly fortunate in a lot of ways not only in my collection of projects.

7. trollst

trollst

Trolls T, but that was how I got on the hamb. I started with cars, went to bikes, had a hard on for life since I was very young, carried a lot of anger around, came out when I drank. I'm 5'5, was 200 lbs most of my life, never afraid of getting hurt in a scrap and usually won, tough little son of a bitch. Given the name the troll for my tactics, mean, unfeeling and determined not to lose, widely respected around those I rode with. Been the troll most of my life, I'm better now, got my hair and face cut, got married, took on two kids and grew up.

8. actually this was the first internet thingamabog I ever joined
    I thought user name meant the name of the person using it
    I would have done something cool if I knew I could
    the hamb folks should have written the instructions in Crayola

9. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

When I signed up to join the HAMB, I tried 3 or 4 user names, but all were already in use. At the time, I owned a 50 Dodge pickup mounted on an 80 Dodge 4x4 chassis. Not exactly a HAMB friendly ride, but the user name wasn't taken! The truck died by crash in 2011, but changing my user name took too much effort at the time, and then no one would know who I was....Gene

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER and Speedys Garage like this.
  10. For the past 25 years or so, I've been the guitar player/singer in a rockabilly band called The Boilermakers. And My name is Dave. So there's that.

My uncle Marvin was a REAL Boilermaker, he's the guy I named the band after. Some of you may know him, he's in Mollalla, Oregon.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, it's kinda because I'm dork that punches louvers for a living...

Baron, stillrunners, czuch and 5 others like this.
  12. Virginia is for louvers

whodatsCJ7, OahuEli, lewk and 7 others like this.
  13. bchctybob

bchctybob

Up until I retired and moved north, I had a small part time custom header and chassis shop in Redondo Beach, Ca. Called it Beach City Performance. My name is Bob, so bchctybob is what came out when asked for a user name. It seemed to fit in other ways too since all my life I lived in the beach cities in L.A. - Playa Del Rey, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach. Funny, I hardly ever "went to the beach", I was too busy working on motorcycles and cars!

14. Lil32

Lil32

My licence tag "Lil 32"

15. LBCD

LBCD

Long Beach Custom Drum...been drumming since 4... started building and restoring drums 30 years ago. Here are a few kits I'm going to be working on soon. 1469771391843.jpg 1469771401283.jpg

Sent from my QMV7A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 1st grade teacher was one of my grandpa's old friends. I think we were the last class before he retired. He had been in our little village for ages and was friends with most of our parents and grand parents.He sometimes had a hard time remembering names, so he just called us what he had called our dads when they were his pupils or our granparents when they were young. My family name is Baumgartner, and my grandpa had been nicknamed ' Baumi'...it stuck with me.
    When he was mad he used to shout things like: " Baumi, you are the same stupid jackass like your dad and his dad!" No one took offense in what he said, everybody knew him and he just was a grumpy old man with a good heart.

OahuEli, lewk, charleyw and 7 others like this.
  17. oldscl

oldscl

OLD SCHOOL

Mine is just my number plates that have now been attached to a couple of cars. I like that I can use them on pretty much anything.

Attached Files:

18. inthweedz

inthweedz

I was a hairy legged teenager around 17 years of age, I was out of town with a couple of friends and went to an indoor hot rod display back in the mid 60s, and parked outside the building's main entrance was the lowest ground scraping '39 Ford sedan I had ever seen, I was hooked..
    Since then, I have built all my cars as low as possible, hence my handle "Inthweedz"

19. Well mine is as lame as they come, wish I could drop the Ford out of it so it wasn't so long winded. Should have just used my initials, JW. JW.

20. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Failed professional chess player. It's a cross between the words "chess", "jester", & d5 which is a popular defense to d4. Never won any real money but I did win a couple of trophies. My kids play with them in the floor now & I'm okay with that:).

21. slack

slack

I like simple one syllable names and "Slack" came to mind. Kind of a long story but suffice to say it was a nickname from my military days.

22. indyjps

indyjps

I lived in Indianapolis and my initials, I use the same name on multiple sites, so it has just stuck.

23. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

image.jpeg I used to own/operate a 1950,s ice cream van outside the transport museum in Glasgow and I liked the double meaning

24. Mac VP

Mac VP

When I signed up years ago I owned a nice 40 Ford coupe.......that handle was Fortyfordguy. There are many posts with that name. However I sold that car back in 2002 and haven't owned a 40 since. When Ryan revamped the HAMB a few years after that I decided to go with my own name with the last name initials. I had already started our business and most people knew who I was anyway. The post count under Fortyfordguy was lost as I started fresh with the new name so I looked like a newbie......the plus side to that was that I actually looked like I knew something about flatheads.

25. clem

clem

image.jpeg I wanted '32 Dude' which is the personalised number/ licence plate my 10 year old daughter chose for my coupe.
    Someone else had it on the HAMB, and some how when I registered, my next choice of user name and my password got mixed up and I couldn't change it.
    Clem was supposed to be my password.
    I actually don't like being called Clem.
    Real name - Clemens.

26. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Or you go with Ti-Rant

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

clem and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. Scott Mannion

Scott Mannion
    from Scotland

I'm glad that's been clarified! I was hoping the reason was Ice Cream.

28. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

I used to race D/T Motorcycles and my older brother always called me Mr Clean because I made nice clean passes. One night at Fremont 1/4 mile I was on it big and carrying a lot of speed into turn 3. So during the main I had a rare bad start and was trying to use the good I had in turn 3 to make multiple passes and about 1/2 way to the flag I went hauling into turn 1 trying the same outside passing and went flying off the track. Fremont had no wall. One of my brothers friends commented, hey your crazy ass brother is trying some sick ass speed moves tonight. So from then on my brother would call me sick speed

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  29. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I wanted just Dino but it was taken, so I added my age when I registered. My given name is Dean, but lots of people call me Dino. Boring!!

30. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Because I am. My dear departed Mom did geneology as a hobby long ago. Our heritage went back to 348 AD, "Naille of Barra", one of the original clans. The avatar is, well, that's me too as some who know me would agree. The sig, "There can be only one..." is just a knock off from the movie but fairly well fits a drag race. My ex-bracket racer was also called "The HIGHLANDER" and had a swatch of wool from Scotland in my clan tartan sewn in the seat back. Yes, I kept the seat cover. The spoiler, not wanting something trite like "you lose", "follow me" etc, I had "Up your...KILT!"