Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usernames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2016.

1. There has been posted similar to this in the past but the Hamb continues to grow at a amazing rate.

I realize some members use their sir names but I'm sure there are thousands of usernames that probably have a interesting story connected to it.

I'm also aware there are some that joined the hamb when they were drinking or smoking something weird,prime indication is all the guys that ask to have their usernames changed.:D

Well,my story starts back in the early 70's, our rag tag car club went to the North Atlanta Street Rods show/rod run at Stone Mountain Park and it was the first trip I made in my 1930 model A pickup.

I had just finished putting the finishing touches on the truck the day before we left home.

We were happy to make the show and during that hot muggy Saturday one member of our club,after consuming large amounts of libations decided to make a sign to let the masses know I had just gotten my truck on the road.

So, he took the bottom of a card board from a case of Budweiser and in his best CRAYOLA script scrawled out all the features he could dream up and denoted that the paint ( red primer) was applied by the best painter in Anderson, South Carolina ~ HOTRODPRIMER.

[​IMG]

I am far from being the best painter, fact is I am somewhat of a hack but that being said I have owned a lotta cars that never got shiny paint,just a fresh coat of primer.

To this day I am still a member of the club and all the old members remember the story and NOBODY will admit to doing the deed.

The name stuck, HOTRODPRIMER or HRP.

HEMI32, Ol Deuce, LONG and 22 others like this.
  2. Great story, Danny!:D.....I always wondered

3. I got mine at birth. Don. where did yours come from?

4. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I was teaching Industrial Arts. I talked to my classes about brainstorming. They were given the parameters for state requirements for personalized license plates and the background of my truck. Over a couple of days we filled the chalkboard with possible license plates combinations and then they all voted. We picked WZ JUNK (was junk). Since I had a young family and not much money, my truck was made from left over pieces or junk, and the name fit. I have owned and built many hot rods, but I have kept the old truck now for at least 28 years. I use the license plate for my board name.

John

5. ...............I live in Lothian, Md......get it, lothiandon, and the 1940 refers to my avatar<<<<<<<.:D;)

lothianwilly71, Dino64, oj and 5 others like this.
  6. Mine is for my attempt at a dirt t,

7. Mine is simple enough....I own two 1931 Dodge Brothers business coupes. I have had one since I was 13. Every time somebody would say, "Hey, I know where there's one of those just like yours", it turned out to be a Ford or Chevy. The Dodges and parts eluded me. Hence the name, "31 Dodger". Oh....I also know a LOT about 1931 Dodges.

8. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

The Big Lebowski
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[​IMG]

The Big Lebowski is a 1998 American crime comedy film written, produced, and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen. It stars Jeff Bridges as Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, a Los Angeles slacker and avid bowler. He is assaulted as a result of mistaken identity, after which The Dude learns that a millionaire also named Jeffrey Lebowski was the intended victim. The millionaire Lebowski's trophy wife is kidnapped, and he commissions The Dude to deliver the ransom to secure her release; but the plan goes awry when the Dude's friend Walter Sobchak (John Goodman) schemes to keep the ransom money. Julianne Moore and Steve Buscemi also star, with David Huddleston, John Turturro, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Sam Elliott, and Tara Reid appearing in supporting roles.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  9. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

My actual initials consists of 3 K's, not good for public display.
    So I used 2 of the K's and 57 because I have a '57. It is a Chieftan Catalina
    KoolKat-57

10. TTTT8

TTTT8

Pretty easy here. TTTT8 = 4T8 (forty eight), the year of the Ford in my avatar. I must admit, I have heard some funny interpretations. Driving into the NRSA show in Bakersfield one year, we heard a woman say, "titty eight what the hell is a titty eight". We laughed long and hard.

11. Slopok

Slopok

My car was originally equipped with an overdrive transmission which would've came with a 4.27-1 rear end. Evidently through the years someone had replaced the overdrive with just a standard 3 speed and I still have the Flathead. Every time I would go for a drive people would always be right behind me because I wasn't going very fast yet it was revving like crazy and sounded as if the engine was going to explode. I figured if I put a personalized license plate on that said SLO POK people just might get the hint and go around me rather than follow behind me. Wrong, even though I now have an operating overdrive unit installed and can more than exceed the current posted highway speeds someone is always right on my tail!:rolleyes:

LONG, lothiandon1940, i.rant and 4 others like this.
  12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'TagMan' because I collect license plates. At one time I was the only ad in HMN selling plates. I had over 3000 plates.

13. I got mine because my name is Phred and I am 68 years old.

Ol Deuce, OahuEli, LOST ANGEL and 8 others like this.
  14. pecker head

pecker head

Pecker head , cause I'm a shit talking trouble maker .

CaseyB, hrm2k, LOU WELLS and 5 others like this.
  15. You ain't right Don! o_O HRP

16. jeta12

jeta12

My kids initials. I have used it for years. Need to think of something else as I now have three Grandchildren!!!

17. Well, after that book I will be brief. Trent=T, my pal Dave started calling me Tman in 8th grade

18. Colt54chevy

Colt54chevy
    from Michigan

Mine is boring compared to some, it's just my first name and my car :)

Attached Files:

19. two reasons:
    my initials [T B III] and my car [ 33 chevy.]
    also
    33 1/3 the old record album speed
    not my I.Q as some of you have thought.

20. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Back in the day, my friends and I would say " Thats a bad mammyjammer"" when we saw a radical, barely streetable, car. I honestly forgot the phrase for about 30 years and it just popped back into head when I was registering.

21. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Well, I have a 50 Studebaker. Nothing exciting. No story.

22. Roadsir

Roadsir

Roadsir, is to pay respect to an old car club named the Road Sirs New Ulm Mn. My brother had some plaques reproduced in the late 90's. There are a few original members left, and few original plaques floating around.

Now I need to build my Roadster inspired by the artwork!

IMG_0305.JPG

23. This name was given to me at least 10 years ago on account people wish they could keep me in their pockets and let me out when it was time to handle shit.

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  24. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

My first car in high school was a '50 chevy 4-door ( it was a "4-door or walk" kind of a deal) that got a very mild custom treatment because of money...now in my senior years of life I have other '50 chevy, this time it is a coupe and it is getting the mild custom treatment that I wanted to do to the first '50 but could not afford.......so my name of 50customcoupe.

25. Jim636

Jim636
    from Wyandotte

Well my name is Jim and I'm a pipefitter out of Detroit local 636......

26. The name I wanted, that my good friends call me was taken. I was in a hurry to register, so I settled for this

27. desotot

desotot

My friend came up with my user name cause I had a 27 T with a Desoto hemi.
    [​IMG]

28. 24riverview

24riverview

First time I wanted to bid on something on that auction site I was having some difficulty getting a username that wasn't taken. Ended up using the street address of a cabin we'd recently bought. They've changed the number since then but I have this username on a few different sites.

29. Mine is pretty obvious. More of a fan of late 30s and earlier hot rods than fat fenders and later. Of course there are always exceptions to the rules.