Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usa made parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, Sep 18, 2011.

1. niceguyede

On a side note, Screamin Mad JD, I got a set of Street Fire plug wires for my 63 that were supposed to be factory fit(under the manifolds) and were all at least 3 "'s too short. I don't call that quality. It's not like there is a shortage of sbc's. They could have got one to test fit. It is the buyer that makes the market, China, Taiwan, USA, it doesnt matter. If we buy it they will sell it. That's not politics, that's economy.

well, give me a call , and i'll ship you out three more....( need the lengths)
    but remember, people put # 1 on the cap in different locations.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. nevrDUN51'

nevrDUN51'
    from Nashua, NH

Speak with your money folks. It's that easy. Buy the most American made products and more companies with jump on the American made bandwagon to earn your business. Buy the most quality parts, regardless of where they are manufactured and companies will be more strict on quality.

I know an English gentleman that owns a vacuum tube company. He has his tubes manufactured in China because they possess 2 out of the 4 tube factories left on earth. He said he has to visit every month to assure they don't vary from his quality standards. Any longer than that and they just seem to do it "their way". Very sad.

As far as labor unions being the downfall of America, remember this, you have work safety (yes you, mechanics, welders, power plant techs, solderers, and everyone else), payment for most/all hours worked (most=salaried employee), reasonable hourly wage, retirement benefits, and so on. People love to point fingers at unions for the downfall of the American company, but CONSUMERS are to blame for American industry and manufacturing failures.

American manufacturers used to overall, pride themselves on selling quality product. Bridgeport milling machines were the best for over 50 years. They used to ship all over the world. THEN, the average American and less so, the world consumer started buying product based on price NOT quality. Well, if you look to third world countries, their standards of living are lower, meaning their dollar will go a lot further for each employee. America has no leg to stand on as far as manufacturing large quantity items based solely on price/margin. We aren't playing on the same field.

On the other hand, if American consumers started purchasing items based solely on quality, then you would see more domestic manufacturers pop up all the time.

Until then, I'll express my feelings with my dollar bills. You do what you'd like.

3. nevrDUN51'

nevrDUN51'
    from Nashua, NH