Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I wish I lived closer..
    Hang in there Mike,
    Hoping for good things soon,

2. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Why don't you come down here and save the day, badass? Seems like you have plenty of time to talk shit, so you must have time to play Clint Eastwood too.

3. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Verbal Kint and bobss396, I have to congratulate you on some of the most ignorant posts I've seen on the HAMB. Unless I missed it the address of the realtive who stored the truck hasn't been posted. Kinda hard to visit that asshole if ya don't know where he is. I can also tell ya there isn't an Austin HAMBer that I know that wouldn't be more than happy to see this truck returned. Of course cowering behind your keyboards is the easy part. Come on down with your bad asses and all your knowledge of what's going on and we'll get this solved in no time! I have 2 spare bedrooms for yall to stay in. Have you taken a minute to think that the last people the theives would want to approach are people that are into that type of vehicle and live in the area the truck was stolen? Even most theives aren't that stupid. In fact if you take a minute to think about it, a bunch of noise by folks here in Austin would tend to make sure these theives less apt to approach anyone in this area and less apt to bring the truck out of hiding. The best thing I can say about these stupid ass posts is it brings the thread back to the top.

1lowtrk, best of luck on the return of your truck and your return to good health. Despite the opinions of some we in Austin have our eyes peeled!

4. Mr.Ford,

I've never been a badass.

You have cause to be offended that I made unkind references to HAMBers in Austin, for that I apologize.

I'll be honest, I don't have the $850+ to fly down to Austin to knock on the neighbors/workplace doors of the relative who stored the stolen truck. I guarantee that if your coupe was stolen here in Billings Montana, LowriderArtGallery, JalopyKid, 32Ratsass, Ol Duece and myself would make a weekly polite visit. At least until the TRO had all our names on it.

I understood that 1lowtrk had the address and was unable to get the police to visit the address on speculation.

Have any of you PM'd 1lowtrk for the name, business, cell, address? Boob indicated he may have been on to something, have you Pm'd him?

I work with every local police officer, drink beers with them several times a week and one 28 year veteran sgt is painting a couple projects for me. My ignorance must come from them, thieves don't run in wide circles the stay amongst themselves. It may well work different in Austin, do you think the accused are going to want to see guys show up at their house talking to neighbors or their workplace every couple weeks asking politely if they have any new information? What is the accused going to do? Call the police and file a TRO? Answer questions on why they (likely with priors) wants a TRO on a law abiding car guy. They want to see the police less than they want to see you. In Montana you have to see a judge to get a TRO and show cause.

I knocked on doors with Roosevelt club members for months back in 1992, showed the same folded up flyer, asked the same dumb question for a stranger from BC who had his Guzzi stolen. That was particularily embarrasing since the bike was stolen from our local Vashon Island TT run. And damn if it wasn't a few years later and the flyer had my Triumph on it and we were asking for me. Both bikes were found, mine was missing the carb and mag.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  5. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Montana, the last place were a guy can have a sack? Seems to me like Verbal Kint has some good ideas. This truck needs to be found.

6. klazurfer

klazurfer

I might be clueless ,... A Stolen car is kinda Free ( in a BAD way ) .. IF the HEAT is on , the thives might consider the car to be WAAY TOO HOT To Handle , .. It might get burried down deep ... soon

Originally Posted by 1lowtrk :
    I know his name,business# and cell#but i don't want to post it on a public forum and im not sure its real enough to fly down.I was hopin to flush him out. .....
    AUSTIN - Hambrs ` : Visit that Guy, and lett him tell his story !
    ( he is probably reading this as we speak )
    With 10+ Hamb-guys outside his pad ,.. My Guess is he will talk .. If innocent , make sure you leave his house with pride !!!

This is not a stupid Hanging Party , ..We just wanna see this truck found .
    Right ?

Klaz

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  7. Big Dad

Big Dad

I like Tater Tot's !

8. gsp392

gsp392

I hope you can find it. I know there are good and bad people everywhere, but I personally stay as far away from Ostin as possible.

9. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

2nd

10. skoh73

skoh73

Its pretty easy to get frustrated in a situation like this- if it were my car or truck I don't know what I'd be doing. Let's try not to get in any kind of pissing match and stay focused. Everyone wants the same result.

That said, if there's anything I can do to help out, by all means feel free to get in touch.

11. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

From what I've heard there have been some Austin Hambers on the hunt,talking to informants,calling supposed thieves on the phone,even heard some guys went by the shop but came up with nothing.Supposedly now the informant is silent.I guess its not as easy to recover as everyone thinks it should be.Austin is a big city now and not everyone knows each other here.For example our population exceeds the entire state of Montana,so you could understand how we might not just see it cruising down Main St of something like that.I know that the few that are looking havent given up yet.

12. onedge

onedge

Sometimes these things never end. Best of luck.

13. Freeland

Freeland

There are and have been since day one an only mere hours from the theft that have been on the hunt... There is info that still is kept close as to not tip our hand... The dynamic of this situation has changed dramatically over the course of the past two months... There is an adage that I have taught my Joes in the field with true on the ground combat experience... "that slow is smooth, and smooth is fast" the truck will be recovered one way or another... As the situation develops counter measures need to be made... The Infantryman in me wants no more that to descend on said motherfuckers house business and family sweep and clear said locations and leave the
    zip tied and with burlap sacks over their heads until discovered by some unsuspecting pogue... Patience is what is needed here... Chillax my friends it is being addressed!

14. I just looked up the population of Austin Texas .... 1.7 million (give or take), that is a lot of people and therefore a lot of hiding spots for this truck.

What I meant in an earlier post is this ... (in my opinion) the police are done with this issue ... also, in my opinion simply waiting and hoping for this truck to just miraculously reappear is foolish, seven months have gone by and the thief has yet to just "leave it on the side of the road somewhere then make a phone call".

I do not see how any Austin Hambers can help, other than to just "keep an eye out" due to the apparent lack of info released regarding who allegedly stole it and what shop it was allegedly in and how this info came to light (read that as "is the source of the info reliable"). I say "apparent lack of info" because I do not know whether or not this has been relayed to specific people through PM's.

If this had been stolen in my neck of the woods, without the info regarding who, what and where there would be little to nothing that I could do to help out.

Wow, a bunch of posts just appeared as I typed this ... sounds a lot more promising now. Obviously the people that need to know do know ... happy to hear that.

15. Freeland

Freeland

There are and have been a steady stream of PM's... As well with local comunicae between HAMBERS and non "scene" folks that have networking abilities into the possible known local and demographic of said thief... It does boil down to keeping an eye out as where the truck "had" been is no longer the case... Pressure is key and during movement of the vehicle it will be spotted... Its just a numbers game...

16. My hope level just went up a lot ... good to hear. Thanks

17. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Now this is a good post,,

18. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Special place in our shop for folks like that - amazing how much new concrete we have been pouring lately -If I see it in MS will get your truck for you - dont worry about them - they better hope the police are around - TO SAVE THEM . Sorry about this , seems to be a big problem -even down here. I grew up not even locking my shop doors, now days a lock is for an Honest Man. I got rope and a 13 loop map- Joe the pharoe may have been right.Tie him to the car and drag him

19. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Mitchell, I grew up with that same mentality, no need to lock doors, back in the 50's and 60's in SoCal, nowadays they blame you if you dont lock up. I remember in all the movies, and everything I've read, they used to shoot horse thieves,, no reason not to apply that same practice today for vehicle theft.

20. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

The information that we have gathered lately is not being disclosed publicly YET because there are plenty of keyboard heros and attention whores that might do something completely stupid and fuck this all up. We are hot on the trail and have made some serious progress. If and when the time comes that we need to call on everyone for help we will. It's not that you guys don't deserve to know, it's just that its not smart to make everything public. If the hamb population was exclusively mature adults maybe things would be different. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Go Horns!

21. Lucky3

Lucky3

Damn.... I keep hoping for Good News !

May the sorry MoFo's choke on their cold turkey sandwich today !!!

22. Thank you Javier, Freeland, BOOB and anyone/everyone else working on this.

Have a great thanksgiving.

23. NO NO NO, don't want 'em to choke on their turkey TODAY .... get the truck back off'em first .... THEN let 'em choke.

24. Big Dad

Big Dad

Always hope , And keeping the thread alive helps show people that you care .

Soooooo, whats wrong with that ?

25. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

26. metal man

metal man

Checking every day,hoping for good news.

27. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

ditto

28. Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic, after seeing some of the newer posts. :)

29. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

I have been away for a while and just want to let everyone know that plenty of Austin HAMB members have been helping from day one.I've had offers of help from Hamb members every where and appreciate every one.As BooB and Freeland have said things are happening.Thank you guys Thank you everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.