Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ure Kem Paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flip, Jul 30, 2018.

1. flip

flip

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with Ure Kem paint. I personally hadn’t heard of it but a couple local guys have used it on hot rods with good results. Any comments would be appreciated. Looking at a single stage Satin Black. Thanks

2. Blake Higley

Blake Higley

I bought one of there car kits recently, have sprayed a little bit of the urathane primer with pretty good results, would thin it a little more next round. Also did a little bit of there base coat clear coat on a couple panels, so far so good but i just did it yesterday

3. I've painted a couple of motorcycles with their paint, I liked it better than Eastwoods. I don't know why, but buying paint locally here is roughly double or more the price of mail order.

4. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I friend of mine got some paint on line for $220.00 a gallon for maroon base coat /clear coat. He was quoted $1900.00 from a big name supplier.

5. flip

flip

Thanks guys - this is how Will, (a paint chemist, formerly with HOC and started company) explained it. They sell direct with no middle men. Some companies go through 2 or 3 middle men each taking their cut. Claims there is a hugh markup on paint partly because of this. Other forums have claimed good results, still investigating. Any thoughts on painting with single stage satin or semi gloss? They offer 4 different schemes in black.
    Thanks Again

6. I used their single-stage gloss, so I can't speak to their suede finishes.

7. bobscogin

bobscogin

I'll be painting my '29 rpu UreKem matte black soon. It's entirely possible for a small paint manufacturer to make quality paint at a relatively low price. The higher prices of paint from the large manufacturers isn't necessarily because the ingredients are better. The higher cost is driven by the necessity to provide technical support to distributors, body shops and dealers who have to be concerned with precise color matching on collision repairs and solving application problems in the field. That's all overhead that UreKem doesn't have to bear.

Bob

8. flip

flip

Bob - That I how I understand it. Have read very positive reviews on other websites. Would be interested in your thoughts after you have painted your PU.
    Thanks