Register now to get rid of these ads!

Upodate on my WELDING

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldsmell, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Oldsmell

Oldsmell

A couple months ago I asked advice on what people thought of welding for a living. I was starting school in Minneapolis and wanted to make sure this was the right life change.

Most people told me to get into the fab side of metal and go more precision. Well after a couple months I totally agree, but have to say I really like welding in general. Its nice to know you can get great looking beads from a arc welder, if you need to. I've learned a ton about oxy/fuel, cutting, shaping, and properties of metal.

I am already running adds in my local CL to do TIG work and have scored a couple neat jobs, one a airplane manifold and the other a dropped chevy C notch....

Anyways thanks for the advice! I'm trying my hardest to get better everyday. Take care - Ryan

2. kennkat

kennkat

Go with what is in your heart... If you have no passion for it it will be drudgery.... a 55yr old Hot Rodder's life talking here...

3. Melting metal with fire.

What could possibly be more fun?
    < grunt... grunt... grunt...>
    :D

4. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Where are you going to school? I took an evening class in introduction to welding at the Minneapolis Community and Technical College downtown a couple years ago, it was a lot of fun.